Fiery Asian Pork And Veggies (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A fine looking wok cook Robert, be firing mine up on the patio today. Fire sauce sounds a little spicy, kind of like Schezuan hot, probably pairs well with beer, lots of it!
Thank you my friend. All you'd have to do to lower the heat is just use a small splash of the hot chili oil and omit the cayenne. Doing that you'd still have a really flavorful sauce. We just like the fiery aspect :emoji_wink:

Robert

That looks fantastic Robert. I love the sound of the fire sauce, nothing better than a little sweet heat!
Thanks Tyler. I was really happy with the way the sauce came out. Should be very easy to replicate....even without a recipe :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Agree on the cornstarch but I like a little chicken stock too.
I did actually add a corn starch slurry, just forgot to mention it in my thread. Sadly I can't use chicken anything. Tracy is allergic to it so I use either veggie stock or turkey.
nowadays I am using stuff I get from the asian market as a base
That looks pretty tasty. I may have to look into that stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Robert

Reactions: zwiller
That's interesting. Does that leave a sesame flavor profile. Not a bad thing with stir fries if it does.
Yes a definite but mild sesame great binder. Consistency is somewhat like peanut butter with oil. It bonds oils and sauces together but keeps the profiles better than corn starch..

Reactions: Steve H
That looks great, Robert! The only way I can do a Wok cook is outside on the KUDU and the weather isn't good for that here now. It'll probably be Spring before I can do it and now you have me Jonesing for stir fry......
Dan

Thanks Jim. I was happy with the way it turned out, especially being that Asian food has been my nemesis and I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Robert
The basics are simple and you either got lucky or figured it out. Asian food must use their trinity which is ginger, garlic, and green onion. From there, some sort of salty sauce. That's it really.
I did actually add a corn starch slurry, just forgot to mention it in my thread. Sadly I can't use chicken anything. Tracy is allergic to it so I use either veggie stock or turkey.
Sorry did not know. Any stock would do. Stock softens the flavor. My fave chinese takeout food gelled when cooled... That's how I figured it out. I actually geek out and make asian stock in the instapot. This is a cantonese thing and known as shang tang if you wanna dig further. All the good takeout joints are all long gone here and all we have is mall food court level places so I am learning to make my own.

That looks great Robert! I could handle the heat on your stir fry. That’s right up my alley! That’s a nice meal for sure.
Thanks Joe. It had a really nice spicy glow but the flavor was still very much present. Heat with no flavor is pointless.

Robert

Reactions: xray
Awesome! We’ve been eating dramatically healthier since new years and Asian has been the go to, but haven’t hit this level! Beautiful plate and fun recipe! I think you’ve influenced me to the point where I’m not writing what I do either on some of my cooks. It’s been fun to taste and adjust with more confidence over the past year.
Thanks so much Jed. I applaud you for trying to eat healthy, I just can't do it. I like too many things that are considered unhealthy. I'd have to give up half of my staples. I do have to apologize for being a negative influence on you. For a while there I was writing stuff down, typing it all out, printing it, and next thing I knew my Big Black Book was overloaded with recipes. Since then I've kinda gotten away from taking notes.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Looks delicious Robert. You had me at fiery. Nice work bud
Thanks my friend. Was some pretty tasty stuff!!
Steve H Steve H don't you miss the days when people had a sense of humor and nobody got offended?
I know I miss those days. It's no fun having to walk on pins and needles because so many have become thin-skinned and easily offended.

Robert

Looking good. Very good. Try Tahini instead of corn starch. It will combine with oils & sauces.
Thank you for the kind words and I will definitely do this. I love how so much good info and help can be gleaned from the people here. Post one thing that's good and next thing you know, you're doing the best ever thanks to the folks here. Very much appreciate the info.

Robert

That looks great, Robert! The only way I can do a Wok cook is outside on the KUDU and the weather isn't good for that here now.
For years I brewed my own beer and that creates a LOT of steam. When I built the house I installed a huge commercial grade hood vent over the cook top. That thing will suck your hat off when you walk by. I still won't do blackened steaks inside but using the wokk is not an issue at all.
It'll probably be Spring before I can do it and now you have me Jonesing for stir fry......
Man, that would suck. I have the faith you'll figure something out. Set a propane cooker inside the fireplace, cook on that, and let the smoke go up the chimney :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: SmokyMose
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky