Fiery Asian Pork And Veggies (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A fine looking wok cook Robert, be firing mine up on the patio today. Fire sauce sounds a little spicy, kind of like Schezuan hot, probably pairs well with beer, lots of it! RAY

Looks killer! Agree on the cornstarch but I like a little chicken stock too. That said, stir fry is MUCH more forgiving than people think and pretty much anyway you go for it is good. Healthy too. I used to make sauces from scratch but nowadays I am using stuff I get from the asian market as a base and much happier. Use a big scoop of it with some stock and corn starch and BANG: takeout level szechuan.

chili-bean-sauce-13oz.jpg

That looks great Robert! I could handle the heat on your stir fry. That’s right up my alley! That’s a nice meal for sure.

Awesome! We’ve been eating dramatically healthier since new years and Asian has been the go to, but haven’t hit this level! Beautiful plate and fun recipe! I think you’ve influenced me to the point where I’m not writing what I do either on some of my cooks. It’s been fun to taste and adjust with more confidence over the past year. Points for sure!

Looks killer! Agree on the cornstarch but I like a little chicken stock too. That said, stir fry is MUCH more forgiving than people think and pretty much anyway you go for it is good. Healthy too. I used to make sauces from scratch but nowadays I am using stuff I get from the asian market as a base and much happier. Use a big scoop of it with some stock and corn starch and BANG: takeout level szechuan.

View attachment 654186
And I told Ann that I wouldn't do any shopping if I got bored laying the sofa. Sounds good Sam. Ordered!

Reactions: zwiller
that's fabulous I love how easy stir fried and sweet and sour is
I'm with you on this!! Been fighting Asian food for years with poor results. For some reason though I've finally been turning out some pretty decent stuff recently. So easy and so many different ways to make it.

Robert

I forgot I even had a wok. I bought a 12.5"Lodge CI wok years ago. Got put away when I redid the kitchen.

I love Asian cuisine And you did a great interpretation of it Robert! Matter of Fact, I'll be cooking Mongolian again at the firehouse tomorrow for the guys...
Thanks Keith. This was certainly a good adaptation of the style we love. I gotta say, you take good care of those buys at the firehouse. Kudos to you...and congrats on your forum "promotion". You'll be a great addition to the management team my friend.

Robert

There you go, love it
Thanks so much David. We loved it too.
You teased me with the title in your last thread, and had me waiting, and of coarse it was worth it
Sorry about that. Wasn't meant to be a tease...well ok, maybe it was :emoji_laughing: At least it got posted pretty quick so not a long wait.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
We must have been thinking alike, Robert. Yes it's scary that anyone would think like me

Yours looks great and those are flavors we like.
Thanks so much Charles. It is scary to think that somebody out there thinks like me also. Oh well, there's plenty of room for two of us deviants out there...and I can honestly say that I'm in some pretty darned good company :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Looks great . Sesame oil is key in my opinion
Thanks Rich!! I like using the sesame oil but it can get pretty strong if you get aggressive with it.
As well as a cornstarch slurry at the end
I did in fact add a corn starch slurry, I just forgot to mention it in the thread. I picked up on that technique when I made the sweet and sour pork a while back.
You got all the good stuff in that dish for sure
The one thing I forgot I had was Hoisin sauce. Next time I might slip just a bit of that into the mix.

Robert

but like chopsaw said, a little cornstarch added to the sauce will make it more saucier for the same about of sauce.
As noted to his reply but overlooked in the thread, I did in fact add a corn starch slurry. I agree that it makes a big difference with the sauce.
Those things said, I'd have eaten the heck out off your dish!
I'll take that as a huge compliment. Thank you.
Oh also! You forgot the MSG!
No I didn't :emoji_wink: I left it out intentionally. It's basically just salt and we aren't big salt junkies. Matter of fact, we use very little of the stuff and the soy sauce added plenty of saltiness for our tastes. The only thing I use MSG in is my breakfast sausage.

Robert

Looking good. Very good. Try Tahini instead of corn starch. It will combine with oils & sauces.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky