FDA says....... Jerky treats leave nearly 600 dogs dead in 'mysterious outbreak'.......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
For all of us that are dog owners......   Dave

Federal health officials are warning pet owners to be cautious about feeding their dogs jerky treats as they continue to investigate a treat-related illnesses that has left nearly 600 dogs dead and sickened more than 3,000 others.

The Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday issued an alert to consumers about the illnesses and deaths tied to jerky treats from China. Officials say the exact cause of the illnesses remains unknown.

Not being political here but, basically what have they brought here that does work as intended? I mean even the drywall molded and rotted! Thats just compressed dirt and paper.

Don't all you NW'ers laugh but....... I was looking to buy some flash frozen Red Crabs last weel and they were packaged and sold from Russia!

Last edited:
Saw this on Facebook this morning from our Local News Station.  Jeeze!  I am going to have to look at the Cat treats here!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.