favorite memphis bbq

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2012
The Red Stick, Louisiana
Hey guys I will be in and out of Memphis a few times this month and just curious what everyone's favorite joint is....I have been to rendezvous and central bbq so far

You have to go to Cozy Corner! Get the Cornish Hen with a side of spaghetti! I have never been to Memphis BBQ Co., but I've heard nothing but good things about them. 
drool.gif

My favorite was a place called Payne's, and they are most known for their chopped rib sandwich. 

The above picture was my lunch, and it only cost $6.50!  Great taste!  It's in a bit of a rough neighborhood, but if you go during the day you are perfectly fine. 

For the big-name experience, I also liked the pulled pork nachos at Corky's.  The ribs were pretty good, too.

On the east side of Memphis is Germantown... There's a placed called "The Commissary" ... The lady from the show "Diva Q" has been there 3 or 4 times (she absolutely loves it) .. We went once and will DEFINATLY go back when we make it to Memphis again... WAY BETTER than the big names there..... for me it was the best place in Memphis

Last edited:
I stopped at a place by the name of "TOPS" out in West Memphis. Darn good brisket and some deeeeelicious baked beans!

The above picture was my lunch, and it only cost $6.50!  Great taste!  It's in a bit of a rough neighborhood, but if you go during the day you are perfectly fine. 

For the big-name experience, I also liked the pulled pork nachos at Corky's.  The ribs were pretty good, too.
hahaha the whole city of Memphis is one big ROUGH neighborhood

and i avoid the big name places at all costs...gotta eat where the locals eat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky