1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

favorite memphis bbq

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by raastros2, Oct 11, 2013.

1. raastros2

raastros2 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hey guys I will be in and out of Memphis a few times this month and just curious what everyone's favorite joint is....I have been to rendezvous and central bbq so far

2. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

You have to go to Cozy Corner! Get the Cornish Hen with a side of spaghetti! I have never been to Memphis BBQ Co., but I've heard nothing but good things about them. [​IMG]  

3. nedtorious

nedtorious Smoke Blower

I forgot to mention that Memphis BBQ Co. is not actually in Memphis, its in MS. But I think its close enough.

4. xutfuzzy

xutfuzzy Meat Mopper OTBS Member

My favorite was a place called Payne's, and they are most known for their chopped rib sandwich. 

The above picture was my lunch, and it only cost $6.50!  Great taste!  It's in a bit of a rough neighborhood, but if you go during the day you are perfectly fine. 

For the big-name experience, I also liked the pulled pork nachos at Corky's.  The ribs were pretty good, too.

5. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

On the east side of Memphis is Germantown... There's a placed called "The Commissary" ... The lady from the show "Diva Q" has been there 3 or 4 times (she absolutely loves it) .. We went once and will DEFINATLY go back when we make it to Memphis again... WAY BETTER than the big names there..... for me it was the best place in Memphis

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  6. greg b

greg b Smoke Blower

I stopped at a place by the name of "TOPS" out in West Memphis. Darn good brisket and some deeeeelicious baked beans!

7. raastros2

thanks guys! very helpful! will post as i visit each one

8. raastros2

hahaha the whole city of Memphis is one big ROUGH neighborhood

and i avoid the big name places at all costs...gotta eat where the locals eat!