favorite hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The one and only,from Louisiana,McILhenny TABASCO.
drool.gif

Some things cry for Tabasco.  Thinking a bloody mary, a cocktail sauce, or a jambalaya? Almost anything where Worsty is in the mix?

A good LA hot sauce gets more frequent use in my kitchen.

Franks Original for wings.

Always good old Sriracha for sure!

Good luck and good smoking.

Tabasco for gumbos of course, but I like Crystal for the base of my hot wing sauce. I also use it in my fried chicken brine, and the batter.

AND lets not forget Tiger Sauce or Pickapeppa.

Pickapappa on top some cream cheese and some crackers or chips.

When I build my hot wing sauce its a combination of the above and a little Louisiana Gold.

Those, a bit of butter and a squeeze of honey.......... Your mouth is so happy but you better eat some ice cream before bed or tomorrow morning it will be screams of agony. "Come on Ice Cream!!"

Its not really a hot sauce per say, but I also use Cajun Power Garlic Sauce

Last edited:
Chipotle flavored Tabasco is my general purpose favorite. (absolutely fantastic on smoky Mac & Cheese!)

I like Franks Original and Buffalo sauces for wings

I use Sriracha on lots of things as a general additive.

Dang - my mouth is watering now!

Hello.  Interesting responses.  I use a home made mexican style salsa with tomato, jalapeno/serrano, garlic, onion and many times some cilantro.  I find most of the others are just cayenne and vinegar.  I am not a vinegar fan.  I do use a vinegar/cayenne sauce from Mexico called Choulula from time to time.  Tomato is not always the thing you want with every dish.  If I just want heat I add red chili flakes.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Franks red hot for me. One of my top 5 meals is deep frying wings and tossing them in a mix of franks red hot and butter... Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

I'm 30 and honestly I don't think I've ever tried Tabasco. My parents always had franks in the house (back when it was Durkee's) and I've never ventured off of it

Over the years i've tried most of them and most them taste the same except a few like Choulula which i use at times. However i have been a fan of Sriracha for years and use it for anything that needs it.  Great heat with flavor.  Reinhard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky