Favorite Fall Beers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for looking but no. Dad was Old School. The Bock was a 1960's Domestic Brand. At first I thought Schlitz, or Shaefer, possibly Pabst, but a Google Image Search didn't show anything with a Blue Ram. Hell, time and the 80's, may have greatly Dulled my memory, aka killed too many Brain Cells...JJ

Here, snakebite shot is YJ + lime juice but admit may vary. Did my fare share back in the day when I played in a band as the bouncers liked these. We also did shots of SoCo (no lime tho) with the bartenders. All that changed once Jaeger arrived.:emoji_laughing:

Snake bite drink originates from England. Half lager/half hard cider. Woodchuck is also a good choice. Ideally, you want a fuller flavored lager so it stands up the the sweetness of the cider. Fosters is killer but pricey. Labatt Blue works well. Labatt Blue and Strongbow Gold is my go to.

Anyone see Pumpkin Spice Seltzer yet??? :emoji_astonished:

I’ll have to try it. I have some labatts in the beer fridge and a few homemade ciders from a friend.

Reactions: zwiller
chef jimmyj chef jimmyj was it this? Specifically the middle can, that’s the old style can. The green can on the left is the current look. It comes out in late February early March. It gets kinda hard to find because people buy multiple cases of it when it comes out. In fact I looked for it at a local beer distributor, some guy bought half of a pallet!

My uncle made the same joke about genny bock comes out of the beer lines when cleaned, that’s what made me think of it.

2DEAF030-7C6F-494B-8EB2-683A9A4F1CE3.jpeg

I couldn’t find much on the old cans. Or this?
BF1165E7-6AF6-4032-AE67-44E7F0958B3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I am starting to think it is a False Memory, maybe from a dream or old age, who knows...JJ

Southern tier has quite a few good ones from time to time. My personal favorite of theirs is cinnamon roll. Droooool. My favorite Christmas beer. Although I must say their Concord grape sour was a pretty big miss.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Southern tier has quite a few good ones from time to time. My personal favorite of theirs is cinnamon roll. Droooool. My favorite Christmas beer. Although I must say their Concord grape sour was a pretty big miss.
I really liked their Oaked Unearthly IPA.

Reactions: fivetricks
all the beer talk makes me cry a little - the UT M****ns control the booze and full strength beers we are allowed to have. its ok, but nothing like Colorado (where i moved from)

I've added a shot of vodka to many fruit/sour beers. It's been beneficiary to some of them and not noticable or offending in the rest.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky