Favorite easy recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jwaite

Original poster
May 9, 2021
I'm just curious what everyone's favorite/easy way to cook chicken? Mine is to wrap boneless chicken breast with bacon and smoke until internal temp reaches 170 Fahrenheit

It's basically a cone shaped piece of steel that directs the heat from the charcoal to the center of the kettle lid and down the sides. It enables you to create a very high concentrated indirect heat.

Here's a pic. The Vortex is in the middle of my kettle.

1655679315099.png

Chris

My favorite is bone in chicken breasts rubbed with Morton's Nature Seasons. I crank up the Masterbuilt 560 to 700 degrees and grill the breasts with briquets/cherry chunks until the skin on both sides is nice and crispy. Then I'll adjust the temp down to 400 and grill to an internal temp of 160. I'll sauce them afterwards. I never knew chicken skin could taste so good!

My favorite is dry rubbed wings smoked low and slow at 250 until 160ish IT. Into bags and straight into an ice bath until cold. Then deep fried at 375 for 3-4 minutes to make them nice and crispy. I usually smoke them a day or three in advance.
My favorite easy way for chicken is boneless thighs on the Weber kettle with indirect high heat. SPG and hit them with whatever sauce.
Another favorite easy but not fast way is to sous vide boneless breasts with whatever seasonings at 140 for 2 hours. Pat dry and onto the already ripping hot gasser just long enough to brown both sides. A hot cast iron pan works very well for this but I'm lazy and don't like cleaning up all the spattered oil.

Bacon wrapped chicken breasts. Was my favorite , wings are the easiest though in the smoker

1655718272993.png

David

Reactions: TNJAKE
Here's mine. It has been way to long since I've made them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky