Favorite cheese for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do any and all cheese - I wouldnt worry about the budget just do a few and then next time do a few more.  You will find out that your budget doesnt matter once you've done your own and are enjoying it anytime!  Trust me when I say that when it comes to Budget - it gets blown here in the Virgin islands where cheese is at over 7 bucks a pound on sale!  Talk about budget...ya really gotta like smoked foods to do them here!  I give up dive days for smokin cheese!

I usually smoke cheese that I'm going to use in a particular dish. I tend to roll towards Oaxaca, Manchego, Chihuahua, Cotija, Cheddar, Monterey jack and Gouda. Scarbelly is point on regarding on how to handle Mozarella before smoking it. It's all good my friend.

I usually smoke cheese that I'm going to use in a particular dish. I tend to roll towards Oaxaca, Manchego, Chihuahua, Cotija, Cheddar, Monterey jack and Gouda. Scarbelly is point on regarding on how to handle Mozarella before smoking it. It's all good my friend.

LOVE using Oaxaca, Manchego and Cotoja! how do they come out with the smoke? couple of hours in your weber and AMS?

LOVE using Oaxaca, Manchego and Cotoja! how do they come out with the smoke? couple of hours in your weber and AMS?

I use any fruitwood sawdust, and because the Weber is a smaller unit than my big block, I can concentrate the smoke into less than 2 hours, about 1 /1/2 rows using the AMNS. The Oaxaca takes on the smoke faster than some of the others, and I do let them sit unwrapped for awhile in the fridge, before smoking them. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky