Fatty without cheese question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flounderhead

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
My wife, while not unable to eat cheese, really doesn't care for it. It's my understanding that the cheese helps keep the fatty moisture level up. Am I way over thinking it and a basic fatty without cheese won't be dry?

I see folks using just a roll of good breakfast sausage pretty often, always use what you like and just watch the temps like any thing else to keep from drying out. I have done plain sausage and it was very good, bacon wrapped can be mo better lol

Reactions: chilerelleno
Yes you are........hahahaha. No way do you need cheese for moisture get creative and use whatever veggies your woman likes, just par cook them, so they are al dente before you roll them up, so they won't be raw and hard.
Actually, I don't care for cheese in my fatties scratch that I like dry cheese like pecorino, romano or asiago and I much prefer stuff like stuffing/dressing , veggies and marinara .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky