Fatty Question- Intern Temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcurrier

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Mid Coast Maine
Hey all- I am making a fatty to take to a dinner this weekend and want to smoke ahead of time and transport to the dinner in a pre-heated cast iron pan in a Hot/Cold cooler bag. What temp do you think I should pull it to avoid it over cooking on the 40 min rest that it will get on the trip there?

The fatty will be pork/ chicken with spinach and feta cheese in a bacon wrap.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I have transported some before . I don't remember the internal temp I did ...........but I smoked for 2 hrs at 250 exact then wrapped in foil doubled up and stuck in a cooler with some towells an hour later it was still perfect temp to eat and juicey as can be.

Thanks for the input guys. Hey whta do you think about adding some kalamata olives to those ingredients? Think that would be too strong?

I would also say that you should pull it about 160° also and then you can like Rbranstner said and put it in a dry cooloer wrapped in towels or you can pt it in your cast iron pan but the cooler method is tried an tested true. Just make sure you have the cooler packed with towels.
PS: Don't you your best towels for hey will be messed up. I have towels just for the cooler. Then you don't have to us ea real big cooloer either.

Thanks all I wrapped in 2 layers of foil and a beach towel then into a soft cooler. Stayed nice and hot. Still had steam rising when I cut it!

See pics in the greek fatty post-

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky