Fattie Benedict

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Southeastern PA
I posted this fattie in a dinner thread that I made a few weeks ago. I made another one today, so I figured I would post it in the fatty section.

First, I scrambled up 4 eggs seasoned with salt, pepper, and Franks hot sauce. I added some American cheese and put it in the fridge to cool down.

Next, I flattened the sausage in a freezer bag, put it on wax paper, put the cooled down eggs on it, rolled it up, then tightened it by wrapping it in Saran Wrap.

Then off to a 250 degree smoker. While that was cooking, I whipped up some hollandaise sauce. I took 8 egg yolks and put them in a stainless steel bowl with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. I got my immersion blender, because I'm lazy, and blended it until it was doubled in size. I then put the bowl on top of a small pot containing barely simmering water and SLOWLY added 1 cup of melted butter. I continued to whip it with the blender until it doubled in size again. I then added a pinch of salt and a pinch of cayenne.

Next, I thawed out a sheet of puff pastry and put it on a pice of lightly floured wax paper. When the fatty hit 160, I let it cool down some and brushed the pastry sheet with a beaten egg. I cut the pastry sheet to size and wrapped it around the fatty. I sealed the edges with the beaten egg and cut three slits in the top to allow steam to escape. I put it in a 400 degree oven and baked it for 15 minutes.
I let it cool down some, drizzled it with the hollandaise sauce, and had an awesome brunch!

You can add anything you want to the eggs. I would've added bacon, but I was all out. Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Jabiru
I can't believe I missed this, but it looks like I'm not the only one.

That looks Awesome!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Super Job Flyboys!!!

Bear

Hey Flyboys

Great looking fattie.  Its only 3 in the afternoon, but I'm already looking at the kitchen.  Only thing is I just don't like Franks hot sause--seems like there's just not much flavor beyond vinagre.  So I would probably change that out.  But, no other changes.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky