FATTIE 2018 (Annual Michigan Gathering)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have peppers everywhere! All kinds of them. Working with habanero and cherry peppers the past few days. Gonna do some ghost next week.

Appreciate the compliments but we are not masters of anything. Always learning and trying new things. When I’m all done with the hot sauce making this year I’ll send you some. I have my graphics guy making me labels this week.
Oh heck now I gotta think of some thing to send back man! I don't got any thing cool like maple trees to tap!

Haha..road trip!

Only problem is archery deer season started last weekend.
He doesn't host it in Hunting season <Though man I'd kill to get up there and learn duck hunting with Scott>

You don’t need to send anything back bud. My gift to you. Not a problem.

Duck hunting with someone else is the way To do it tom. This sport has no end in costs. I say that jokingly but it’s true. I can’t even begin to add up the thousands of dollars I’ve put into it. I’d imagine the duck price per pound I’m getting in return is hundreds of dollars per pound! Lol! At this point I’m to far in the red. It’ll never even put. But the dogs sure love it! Guess I’ll keep doing it! Lol!

Seriously though find somebody out you way and get out there with them! It’s a great sport!

You don’t need to send anything back bud. My gift to you. Not a problem.

Duck hunting with someone else is the way To do it tom. This sport has no end in costs. I say that jokingly but it’s true. I can’t even begin to add up the thousands of dollars I’ve put into it. I’d imagine the duck price per pound I’m getting in return is hundreds of dollars per pound! Lol! At this point I’m to far in the red. It’ll never even put. But the dogs sure love it! Guess I’ll keep doing it! Lol!

Seriously though find somebody out you way and get out there with them! It’s a great sport!
I figured all hunting is better with Company. Whats the point of hunting if you trudge back after freezing in a deer stand and no one to talk with?

Still if I make some thing else shippable I'll try to get some to ya. If any thing else..I'll bring some thing good to sip on next year!

Done that more times than I care to count.

I enjoy duck hunting more because of the dogs. I’m a dog guy. But yeah being able to BS in the boat or blind is a. Ice feature compared to sitting in a deer stand. But I still do it! Lol! Need that venison in the freezer!

Done that more times than I care to count.

I enjoy duck hunting more because of the dogs. I’m a dog guy. But yeah being able to BS in the boat or blind is a. Ice feature compared to sitting in a deer stand. But I still do it! Lol! Need that venison in the freezer!
Heck don't you just walk out in the backyard in a bath robe and plug deer? I could see you doing it where you were. My aunt has up north nailed a buck from her bathroom window with a bow LOL

They are here every day. I told stan today about 6pm the deer are gonna be moving around soon and in a half hour we saw them walking through the back field. I have a stand up in my woods but I’ve never shot one on my property. I always shoot them on the farm.

Just put out two cameras in the back field today. Two more going in the woods this week. Maybe this is the year one goes down on my property. Seen some big doe running around here. And I’d rather fill the freezer quick and get back to duck hunting than sit around trophy hunting at the farm.

They are here every day. I told stan today about 6pm the deer are gonna be moving around soon and in a half hour we saw them walking through the back field. I have a stand up in my woods but I’ve never shot one on my property. I always shoot them on the farm.

Just put out two cameras in the back field today. Two more going in the woods this week. Maybe this is the year one goes down on my property. Seen some big doe running around here. And I’d rather fill the freezer quick and get back to duck hunting than sit around trophy hunting at the farm.
Personally I was taught not to trophy hunt. You hunt for the meat, go for a big doe or buck, which ever one. Nailed my sole deer as a monster doe. Miss Venison now. Worth it's weight in gold!

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
View attachment 376848
TomKnollRFV TomKnollRFV .......

Sat around the barn today with handymanstan handymanstan and drank some brown pops while we cooked down some hot sauce. Opened the turkey pepperoni you brought. Your right the texture is an issue.

Hey Tom just what does pepperoni taste like in Wisconsin? I thought your turkey pepperoni tasted like summer sausage with a little after burn. It was good but did not taste like pepperoni. Texture aside you need a new recipe. Have you had any luck getting the Wisconsin smokers to agree on a group smoke yet?

Thanks Scott for having me out and letting me drink your beer. Its always a good time at the Wonder dog ranch.
Stan

Stan your always welcome at my place! Thanks for fixing the smoker!

Hey Tom just what does pepperoni taste like in Wisconsin? I thought your turkey pepperoni tasted like summer sausage with a little after burn. It was good but did not taste like pepperoni. Texture aside you need a new recipe. Have you had any luck getting the Wisconsin smokers to agree on a group smoke yet?

Thanks Scott for having me out and letting me drink your beer. Its always a good time at the Wonder dog ranch.
Stan
Still working on that Stan..and I was actually following a recipe I got via email. I thought it was mild as well flavour wise <but I've had worse from stores>. I think turkey it self has so little flavour you get no contrasts against the meat which certainly doesn't help. At least it was good for snacking it seems. I plan to get into UMAi stuff over the colder months though..

Still working on that, got a poll up to see what would be a good first meet up. So far there's been almost zero response from the WI Crowd.

It’s tough to get these events started. You might have only a few guys the first year. It’ll build over time. Took a few years of fattie contests for us to get to 33 last year.

It’s tough to get these events started. You might have only a few guys the first year. It’ll build over time. Took a few years of fattie contests for us to get to 33 last year.
Fair enough! I have faith I'll get folk involved some how. Even if I have to bribe em with burnt ends.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky