Fathers Day Spare Rib perfection! Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slief

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Simi Valley, Ca
I have been refining my rib recipe for a while now and have it to the point where everybody that has tried them has called them the best ribs they ever had... I use a 2-2-1 for BB and 3-2-1 for spares. I tend to like my ribs to fall off the bone and that is usually what I end up with.

I rub my ribs down the night before, plastic wrap them and put them into the fridge overnight until smoking time. I have tried a number of off the shelf rubs such as Baron of BBQ and Texas Grand Champion rub as well as others. Thus far, Baron's is one of my favorites. I have yet to try Jeff's rub but will make that one of these days.

This time around I went with the Texas Grand Champion rub.

After a nights rest, they went into the pellet smoker at 225* with a mix of sugar maple and oak pellets. I spritz with Apple Juice every hour until foil time.

d17d36aa_IMG_1690.jpg

After the 3 hours, I brushed the ribs down with a nice coating of pure B grade maple syrup.

I use to use apple juice in my foil but I have since changed that to my own mix of stuff. I read allot on-line and came up with this concoction based on what has worked for others combined with my own personal tastes and let me tell you that this mix is the bomb!

I melted 1 cup of butter and mixed in 1 cup of brown sugar, about 1/4 cup of maple syrup, 1/8 cup of honey and a splash of apple juice. After brushing the ribs down with maple syrup, I put the ribs into the foil meat side down and poured some of the concoction over the ribs and under them and tightly sealed each rack into the foil and back into the smoker for 2 more hours.

After 2 hours I pulled them from the foil and brushed them down with some BBQ sauce. I have taken a liking to Rufas Teague Blazin Hot BBQ sauce. It's a good combination of BBQ and spice that adds just enough heat to the finished product to make it hard to stop eating if you know what I mean.

85230757_IMG_1701.jpg

Here is the finished product.

a0c8d99f_IMG_1702.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky