Father's Day Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rookie smoke

Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Just got done cooking up 2 slabs of St. Louis style spare ribs for Father's day. I made the ribs in my MES 40 smoker using the 3-2-1 method that I found on the Smoking-Meat.com website. i used mustard as a binder for the rub. Rub was a mix of pre made rubs that I had on hand. i trimmed up the ribs as shown on the website and lets just say the "scrap" meat was very good snack for the cook.

Since I had the smoker going I decided to put some steaks in there as well for dinner. The steaks where KC Strip Steaks that I rub with some sea salt and pepper and smoked to a nice med-rear. sorry no pics of them. The taste of the steaks was grate. No i did not bother doing the reverse sear on them. I also put in a pot of beans to smoke for 2hrs that I added brown sugar, onion to.

Since I'm a rookie at this I did not put any foil in the water pan or lower drip tray and they are now a BIG mess. Is there any easy way to clean them up or is it just better to let them soak in Dawn soap over night?

What is the best way to heat up the ribs, we are eating a early lunch is why I made the ribs today, I did not want to be up all night.

20180616_183346.jpg
Thanks for the knowledge that is on this website.

Those look good - enjoy father's day.

Point for sure.

Chris

The ribs where a big hit. I reheated them at 250 for about 15min and they where still very juicy!!!!

My advice is that you cover both and the burner cover with aluminum foil for next time. Spray or wipe the racks with oil to help keep from getting stuck on food. Soaking in dish soap should help, and pull up hard stuff with a plastic spatula. I read to use a plastic putty scraper on the interior to remove buildup. A magic eraser is a good tool too, but don't leave the little pieces that fall off the sponge in there to cook with your next smoke. It gets my window clean. Then I wipe with damp rag or paper towel using plain, clean water.

And...uhm...a pressure washer will take the finish off the water pan and the drip pan. Ask me how I know...lol. :rolleyes:

The ribs looks super!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky