Fantastic results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longshot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 12, 2006
Kamiah Idaho
Fellas,
Let me start by saying thanks. The following pic is the tray I brought to work for the holiday feast. It has pork Snack sticks, Beef peperoni, summer sausage, and smoked sharp cheddar, smoked swiss, and smoked pepper jack. All done in my big chief, using the cardboard box, fan, dryer duct cold smoke method for the cheese. It was a huge hit and I owe all my fame to the help I've found on Smoking-Meat.com. Dutch, yer great pard, Jeff, I'd never even tried cold smoking till I saw the cardboard box setup.

Take a look and yes it is better than it looks.

Thanks Guys
9d61c81c_vbattach11526.jpg

51b3eb9c_vbattach11381.jpg

f6885e3b_vbattach11245.jpg

5295626d_vbattach11106.jpg

I'm jealous, where do you work? Is there any left? Opp's ...drool on my keyboard. Looks Great, bet it tased great also.

Hey Cajun,
I'm in Boise at the University of Idaho Boise center. Yeah there is some left but the platter is right next to my desk so no promises!!! better hurry my boss just added some smoked salmon to the mix.....ooooooppppsss never mind the salmon is gone. Sorry...

Merry Christmas

Thanks, but Im 2 hours away, with good weather conditions. Today you'll probably be home before I get there. Sigh....Think of me as you enjoy that tasty feast.

How bout that no leftovers...guess its time to fire up the polution box again. Everyone went wild for the smoked cheese, from now on I have a list of people to notify whenever I am going to do cheese so they can bring some to throw in. Its great bein famous!!!

So this is what you have been up to while neglecting Jake, Lydia and the boys!! tsk, tsk, tsk!! :P

Pard, you really ought to get them stories published!! (Look at that, I done went and let the cats out of the bag!! :shock: )

Hey I'm back to writing, Jake and Lydia are off on a new adventure and all is right with the world. I don't know about publishing, to self publish is expensive, but finding an agent and publisher is alot like the "the world's oldest profession". I just don't know if I got it in me. I may get around to it someday, but until then I enjoy being wildly famous in a small group. It may not pay the rent but it shore builds the ego and leaves me time to learn how to smoke like some of the pros around here. Thanks again for all the help!

Long, If I could write as well as I smoke meats, I'd give up my day job! Have you talked to Tom and Charle about the agent they used to get published?

Yep,
Both went to an on-demand self publisher. It cost Tom about $1800 if I remember right, I don't know what it cost Charlie. Got a Daughter headed for college and another getting ready to drive. Vanity publishing is a way off down the road, but I can always dream that someone from Bantam or Doubleday will start shooting CAS and happen upon the story and well you know the rest....

Later
L

Dang, Long-sounds like you might have to sell your guns (GASP!! :shock:) and get a second job to boot!!

Already have the second job, keeps cuttin into the writing and smoking time. After I sold the last gun, I swore I wouldn't do that again. From here on out it is accumulation only!!! OH wait I mean collecting!!

HEy Debi,
I already do internet publish of sorts. I post my stories on the SASS website. It is in no way official, and it don't pay nothing, but the rewards are many and I enjoy it. I guess though writing is a hobby that don't cost much, it's even cheaper than smoking!! LOL

Thanks for the encouragement
Longshot

Debi- SASS stands for Single Action Shooting Society. Think of grown men and women playing Cowboys and Cowgirls, shooting old timey revolvers, lever action rifles and side by side shotguns. Here is the link to the SASS Saloon. Scroll down ‘til you find the thread “Strength of a Pillarâ€, that will be Longshotâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s story. If you like to read Westerns, look for stories in the Saloon written by Elm Creek Smith, Charlie MacNeil and Forty-Rod. All have written excellent stories. Ifâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]n you come across some postâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s by Ol ‘Satch, well, that ‘ll be me. I kinda help Longshot with his proofreadinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Enjoy the stories!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky