Eye of round Pastrami, mucho q-view!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl,

Well, I decided to load my plate. I got the Kielbasa stuffed Friday morning, made a batch of those Garlic Dills everyone is raving about. Can't wait for them! And even though I said I had to put this off till next week. Look what called out to me at the store Friday morning.

So while I am smoking the Kielbasa I am going to be prepping this. In your first post you said no trimming was needed, but did not post a picture of the Round before the injection and brine. The one I have here looks to have a decent amount of fat all the way around. Is that how it is suppose to be?  Do I need to trim, or just party on? Please let me know.

Still got the Porterhouse for the grill this weekend, but that's a nonissue!

Thanks Al

Dave
I would definitely trim most of the fat off. It will not be in the smoker long enough to render that fat. Look at the one I used, it came that way, already trimmed.

Al

Will do Al! Yea yours after the brine shot looked pretty neat. I never done this so didn't know. Thanks Bro will keep you posted!

Beautiful AL. Simply beautiful. And that Sammie...now that's my idea of a Sammie. Afraid I'll have to pass on the 1000 Island dressing-- maybe just add some spicey mustard.

POINTS for a great job.

Gary
Thanks Gary!

I like the spicy brown mustard too.

Butter on one piece of bread & Grey Poupon on the other.

Al

I don't know how I missed this one for so long, but it looks Great !!
icon14.gif

Looks Mighty Tasty Al !!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

And another Great Sammy!!
drool.gif

Sorry I'm so late!!

Bear

I don't know how I missed this one for so long, but it looks Great !!
icon14.gif

Looks Mighty Tasty Al !!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

And another Great Sammy!!
drool.gif

Sorry I'm so late!!

Bear
Hey no problem Bear, I new you would find it sooner or later.

We do like our sammies, don't we!

Thanks for the point, Buddy!

Al

Looks like I'm going to stopping at Costco on Sunday to pick up an Eye Roast.

I don't believe I missed this when it was first put up.

The good thing about a 2 week cure, is Sauerkraut only takes 7 days to make from scratch!

May I suggest slicing the  round roast lengthwise to make it about 1.5 - 2" thick...  It will cure much faster, and more thoroughly...  Take on the spices more thoroughly also....  take on smoke better...    All around a mobetta deal...

May I suggest slicing the  round roast lengthwise to make it about 1.5 - 2" thick...  It will cure much faster, and more thoroughly...  Take on the spices more thoroughly also....  take on smoke better...    All around a mobetta deal...
I may try that the next time.

Thanks Dave!

Al

Thanks for this recipe Al.

My local Meijer store had eye of round on sale for $2.49# Saturday so I grabbed one, trimmed it yesterday and put it in the brine/cure. I added some thyme, cloves and pepper to Al's recipe above and followed Dave's suggestion to split the meat lengthwise since I don't have an injector. I haven't decided on the rub yet but there is one floating around the interwebs that allegedly mimics the Katz Deli recipe that I may try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky