Eye of Round on sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i've smoked them with just salt and pepper smoked to 155 internal because the wife won't eat it rare, they come out good, would be even better if pulled at 140

Reactions: smokininidaho
very versatile cut of meat. While they make great sammies if cooked med rare, you can smoke them to the pulling stage if desired. I take them to about 160° or so, then place on a rack in a disposable aluminum pan and add my magic elixir of brewed coffee and beef base, cover tightly and cook to probe tender just like brisket. reserve the juices for a fantastic Au jus or make gravy with it

very versatile cut of meat. While they make great sammies if cooked med rare, you can smoke them to the pulling stage if desired. I take them to about 160° or so, then place on a rack in a disposable aluminum pan and add my magic elixir of brewed coffee and beef base, cover tightly and cook to probe tender just like brisket. reserve the juices for a fantastic Au jus or make gravy with it

Really. I would have thought them entirely too lean to run to those temps

Really. I would have thought them entirely too lean to run to those temps
They are lean, hence the reason for adding the liquid and wrapping. I would not attemp one otherwise as I am certain it would be very dry. The drippings make an exce3 dipping sauce or gravy to ladle over it and mashed taters. Done that way it is like a pot roast, only smoking makes it better!

$3.98lb. Angus. Anyone ever smoked this lean cut? A good candidate for injection? Thanks for any tips.

I've smoked them, grilled them, done them on the rotisserie, and on the Egg to slice thin for lunch meat. As Lance (Holly2015) stated, they are very versatile and one of my favorite cuts. Smoking them is great!! They aren't a huge cut and will pick up a nice smoke flavor. Something else that's fun is to smoke and reverse sear them. Smoke to an IT of 115 to 118 them toss them onto a screaming hot grill to sear and get the IT to about 132.

Robert

I was never an eye fan due to the coarse texture.

That all changed when learning here on SMF that it makes a great cured dried beef. Dried beef is my hand down favorite cured beef product.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky