Experiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey JLeonard JLeonard
IMG_0092.jpeg

So each to their own, but here is how I slice my Tri tips. In the picture bottom right, that corner is where I start. I cut that right side on a bias lending toward the cut lines on the left side piece. Bias cut is not perfect but it’s still across the grain as my cutting moves left the cut line starts to align very close to cross grain on the left piece. We like this slicing fine and is just simple. No it’s not all cut exactly across the grain but this creates longer slices and is more efficient for the carver. It’s not a huge deal buddy if you just half part of the lines and cut it it bias at first working to cross cut. That’s just me and I have a long slicing knife. Ymmv.

Hey JLeonard JLeonard
View attachment 674104
So each to their own, but here is how I slice my Tri tips. In the picture bottom right, that corner is where I start. I cut that right side on a bias lending toward the cut lines on the left side piece. Bias cut is not perfect but it’s still across the grain as my cutting moves left the cut line starts to align very close to cross grain on the left piece. We like this slicing fine and is just simple. No it’s not all cut exactly across the grain but this creates longer slices and is more efficient for the carver. It’s not a huge deal buddy if you just half part of the lines and cut it it bias at first working to cross cut. That’s just me and I have a long slicing knife. Ymmv.
Yeah I was working from the pointy end and I got to the turn and just lost the grain. Usually I do cut like your diagram. Just totally screwed up this time. And I think being a tad sleep deprived may have had something to do with it.

Jim

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Both look fantastic Jim. I've always been hesitant to buy the pre-marinated beef, but I may have to give it a go now. Thanks.

Point for sure
Chris

you are an innocent man.
Innocent man - Wait what did I read that right!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky