Exhaust Cap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamaboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 26, 2010
Hueytown Al
confused.gif
Hey everyone,can someone tell me where i might be able to buy a cap for my exhaust.I was planning on using a 5 inch pipe(have plenty).I found some very expensive ones for chimneys.Hoping for something a little more budget friendly

Sorry guys I should have been a little more clear.I am building my first rf smoker.I am using a 80 tank and the calculator calls for 15 inches if  I want to use a 5 inch pipe.We use alot at work and so 5 inch is free.my question was about a chimney cap of sorts to keep rain out and critters.I can get 4 inch pipe but I would have to step the length up.or maybe run  2  4 inch pipes?
confused.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now you want like a rain guard for the top of your smoke stack. Right. Why can't you just get somew threaded rod and a piece of plate and bend it in maybe a 1/8th round and then weld the rods to the stacks (and you can use 5" pipe) and then to the plate. I have seen them on smokers all over the place.

icon_cool.gif

Now you want like a rain guard for the top of your smoke stack. Right. Why can't you just get somew threaded rod and a piece of plate and bend it in maybe a 1/8th round and then weld the rods to the stacks (and you can use 5" pipe) and then to the plate. I have seen them on smokers all over the place.
yes it doesnt have to be air tight, would be easy to make something up.

ya might want to try this....

b05048c3_smoker029.jpg

all ya need to do is weld a threaded stud inside of the pipe and with a piece of 1/8" steel plate with a hole in it to go on the stud....then use a nut with an acorn style top to it from an auto parts store, chrome even....

f7eb301a_smoker030.jpg

then you just need to open and close it how ever much you need it to be
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 ...........bob

Last edited:
You could use one like this with a small amount of small gauge mesh on the inside to keep the critters and large bugs out. And should keep all the rain out unless you are in a monsoon.

Thanks everybody,I have a cap like that on my NB offset.was looking for something a little nicer thats all.I may try and make a hat for it tonight at work

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky