Exchange program

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Just wanted to remind folks that we have an awesome exchange program here on the forum.  The process is pretty simple - find someone you want to exchange with and send them a PM  to see if they want to do an exchange or if you don't know who you want to exchange with just post a note that you want to exchange and see who responds. 

I have made new friends thru the exchange program and received some awesome stuff in exchange.  Dave Omak and I are doing an exchange right now and we will post once each of us receives the goodies we are sending..  

Join in the fun - you will like it  

Hey Gary,

Why limit the exchange to finding somebody?  I was under the impression that the exchange program was a great way for everyone to be able to exchange local/limited items to somebody that cannot get them normally.  Everybody on here knows I am 99.9% crazy so I went out and bought my favorite local items and some I had not tried and posted them on here for exchange. That is how I have always gone forward with exchanges and I could not be happier with the great items I have gotten from all over the world that I normally would have never known existed.   

P.S. I think I will have to do one with you someday when things slow down a little.

Jay

Hey Gary,

Why limit the exchange to finding somebody?  I was under the impression that the exchange program was a great way for everyone to be able to exchange local/limited items to somebody that cannot get them normally.  Everybody on here knows I am 99.9% crazy so I went out and bought my favorite local items and some I had not tried and posted them on here for exchange. That is how I have always gone forward with exchanges and I could not be happier with the great items I have gotten from all over the world that I normally would have never known existed.   

P.S. I think I will have to do one with you someday when things slow down a little.

Jay
Seems to me that you have to pick someone to exchange with - maybe I worded it wrong. You can post that you want to exchange and see who wants to  trade with you. I have been lucky enough to do exchanges with several folks including one member in Tahiti and another in Hawaii. I have been fortunate to exchange with some great folks here in the US too.  You can always find something to trade if you want to play. 
I would love to do an exchange, but can not think of anything that we have here that you can't get everywhere
I believe you have some products that may be exclusive to Maryland - boils and rubs etc. It doesn't have to be smoking all the time 

Take my wife, please!   <Ba-dum-bump!>   
wife.gif

I would love to start some exchanges, but there is no button to start a new thread in either of the exchange forums! We just got done ALOT of canning and have plenty of fodder for trades!

I would love to start some exchanges, but there is no button to start a new thread in either of the exchange forums! We just got done ALOT of canning and have plenty of fodder for trades!
Look at post 7 and contact him to see if he wants to trade.  I just did 2 more trades this week and will post when they arrive.   

Also - here is the link to start a new post - you were looking at the archive posts 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/187/exchange-program

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky