Embers charcoal ** Check your local HD!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatallica

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2017
Northeast, Md
Hey all !! I'm in my local Home Depot frequently for business. My friend Steve that works in Garden told me Embers charcoal 15.4 lb bag is gettin clearanced out for a $1.90/ bag!! I bought 20 bags. Apparently they're switching over to 20 pound twin pack for $15. Thought I'd give everybody a heads up

Last edited:
Here ya go

Attachments

• 20190123_061514.jpg
    20190123_061514.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20190123_061514.jpg
    20190123_061514.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 67
I worked in the Garden department from early March to mid-December. I quit because the hours were getting short and one of the assistant managers is a damn prick. Some guys are like that. I'm glad I'm not his spouse or child.

Supposedly, the Embers is the HD house brand of Royal Oak briquettes.

Reactions: fivetricks
Hey all !! I'm in my local Home Depot frequently for business. My friend Steve that works in Garden told me Embers charcoal 15.4 lb bag is gettin clearanced out for a $1.90/ bag!! I bought 20 bags. Apparently they're switching over to 20 pound twin pack for $15. Thought I'd give everybody a heads up
Thank you for posting!!! That is a great deal! Got 8 bags!!!

Glad to help.. I use Royal Oak lump for my Weber kettle, and I use Embers to start my stick burner. It used to be $3.99, then I guess RO or Home Depot figured they could jack the price up to $5.99. Glad to see it so cheap. 20 bags should last a while. I hate when these big box stores re-package things as a twin pack but when you do the math you're paying more for less.

Thanks. I will check it out.

I had to run an errand this afternoon, so I stopped in at HD and checked for the Embers sale. Nothing but the double bags in the BBQ section. "Darn." Then, as I was walking to the other end of the store to the exit, there's two pallets of 15.4 lb Embers @ $1.90 per bag in the middle of the aisle. Back outside to get a cart. Got 10. Might go back for 10 more.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I had to run an errand this afternoon, so I stopped in at HD and checked for the Embers sale. Nothing but the double bags in the BBQ section. "Darn." Then, as I was walking to the other end of the store to the exit, there's two pallets of 15.4 lb Embers @ $1.90 per bag in the middle of the aisle. Back outside to get a cart. Got 10. Might go back for 10 more.
I did the same thing you did. Same location at my HD in Arkansas. HD really communicate well with other store managers throughout the country. lol!!

Thanks for the post. Picked up 10 bags today, and going for at least 10 mor tomorrow when it stops snowing

Thanks Guys!!! I ended up with a total 125 bags. I passed the deal on to some fellow smokers in my neighborhood, but I think I should have about 80-90 bags for my self.

Went over to local HD this morning in Hattiesburg, MS. They have been out for many weeks. Already have the double shrink wrapped on the sales floor. Visited with the guy over that department. He stated the original sale was $350.00 per bag and folks came in and bought it all for that price. Well if those folks only knew it was a buck 90 up north. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky