Elk tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tristate

Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
My first question on here, I'm smoking a turkey for t-giving but want to add an elk tenderloin at some point into the smoker as a treat for the family, I want to leave it whole, (Silver skin is off) wrap it in bacon and now the question, How long does/would it take to 140-150 degrees? Its about 3lbs. Any rub suggestion? salt pepper? Thanks for any suggestions!

salt - pepper- garlic  and a thermometer! no way to tell how long to a certain temp, To many varibles.

Would a salt, brown sugar, garlic brine overnight work well?

icon_cool.gif

I'm voting on puttin the loin in with about 2 hours to go and then put in the smoker, I would also recommand taking the loin to only135*ish or so. After all you don't want to over cook the loin. Now as far as the rub I would use salt, pepper, and garlic. After all let the meat be the star or this show. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky