elk stock for sausage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gdp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Arvada, CO
Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to the forum and going to try making some sausage for the first time as well. I make my own elk stock from bones and was wondering how that would work for the water in sausage. Bad idea? Maybe good for certain types of sausage? Maybe not good to try for a rookie? FWIW, I'm going to try making chorizo since I have a good supply of Italian and breakfast sausage that my butcher made from elk.
Any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

GDP. I think your stock will be fine in sausage, you usually only add 1/2 cup to 1 cup to the spice mix. Just use less salt if your stock is salty.Don't forget cure #1 if you are going to make smoked sausage

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky