Elk Chili in the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I made a post of some chili I cooked last year and I got a lot of suggestions that next time I should make it in the smoker.

well today was that day.

I started with Elk medallion chopped and Elk burger strait into the smoker on trays. I also placed a tray with finely diced jalapeno, red onion and a green bell pepper. I let them smoke for 2 hours at 225* to get a little color.

Then I got the pot going on the stove. All ingredients in the picture below plus two 5.5 Oz cans of V8 and 3 cups of water.

elk_chili_001.jpg

Once I got it to a boil I added the onion, peppers and meats into the pot then returned it to the smoker and set it to 250*.

elk_chili_002.jpg

elk_chili_003.jpg

I let it smoke for another two hours until it my belly was growling too much to wait any longer.

elk_chili_004.jpg

The bowl of yum.

elk_chili_005.jpg

My wife said she didn't want any. She got out a little bowl to take a taste though. Next thing I saw was her getting a large container to take some to work and share with her friends. The Elk was so tender.

Good looking concoction there! Us Texans just refuse to call it chili if it has beans in it! Haha JK. Nice bowl of chili. Making me hungry and I just ate.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Thanks guys, it was definitely the best chili I have made so far. For now on even if I am using beef I will smoke the meat before placing it in the bowl.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky