Electrical help for my ground water well. Please!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What is weird is I can't get the presure switch to click even by opening and closing the contacts with a screw driver.

Here is my meter , how do I set it to check resistance?

Attachments

• 20231202_121607.jpg
    20231202_121607.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 7
What is weird is I can't get the presure switch to click even by opening and closing the contacts with a screw driver.

Here is my meter , how do I set it to check resistance?
Thanks for the help guys.
Dan

I have all 1 piece plastic pipe on mine down 218’, i have replaced pump 2 times, put city water in a month after I changed it the last time, have seen galvanized used would hate to tackle that project. Good luck but sounds like pump time
Of course it's Galvi. pipe. I'm going to have to call a pump guy, I'm not even gonna try to pull up all that pipe, and pump if need be.
I can't really test to see if power is getting through the control box, because it is hard wired to the box which is screwed to the top of the well head on conduit.
And when I pull the cover off the control box it breaks the circuit, the capacitor and transformer are mounted to the lid of the box, when I pull off the lid it disconnects the control box. The box has male and female contacts that mate when the box is closed.
I'm again at a loss...LOL
Plumber messing with electrical, do I need to say more? LOL!!!

Check for power where the cable is going to the pump. If there's power there. Then there is really only two things left that it could be. Power off the circuit. Disconnect the leads going to the pump. And use your meter to see if there is any resistance going through the motor windings. If you don't see anything. Then either the motor is toast. Or there is a problem with the cable going to it.
There is power to on both sides of the pressure switch.
I turned the power off and tested the two wires that feed the control box then pump. My meter read 0 and sometimes 1ohms. FML!!!

There is power to on both sides of the pressure switch.
I turned the power off and tested the two wires that feed the control box then pump. My meter read 0 and sometimes 1ohms. FML!!!
There are ways to determine this at this point. But only by a trained electrician with the proper test sets. I'm afraid you'll need to go that route. Really wish we could have figured this out.
There are things I could do to further look into and resolve. But, I don't feel comfortable talking someone through it.

Reactions: forktender
There are ways to determine this at this point. But only by a trained electrician with the proper test sets. I'm afraid you'll need to go that route. Really wish we could have figured this out.
There are things I could do to further look into and resolve. But, I don't feel comfortable talking someone through it.
I completely understand that Steve, I felt out of my element as soon as I started messing around with the wiring in the beginning. I made a call to my old boss, he's a plumbing contractor, but he's had a well his whole life, and he's super sharp. I also called well service company yesterday afternoon, hopefully I hear back from them, you know how flaky some contractors are these days, it's crazy.

Thank you, very much, for helping me through this, and that goes to everyone that responded to this thread.

Thanks.
Dan.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky