Electric smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wood2930

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I am new to smoking meats. I was given an electric smoker for a birthday. A masterbuilt electric digital smoker with a electronic therometer. does any one have any good ideas if these are good or handy?

Wood

Pretty popular here as far as electrics go.....

Look down on the main forum screen to the Smoking Supplies & Equipment section under Electrics for more information.

Welcome to SMF....
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

What a nice birthday you must have had!
If you do a search on "Masterbuilt" you will find a lot of reading material....I have the MES and it is a great tool..not perfect...just a great tool
icon_wink.gif

If help is needed just ask away and you shall receive..

good luck

I have 3 of them, 2 are pre recall and 1 is post recall. I do not see me using the pre recall ones until I get a adjustable vent/damper put into the top. As far as I am concerned they are a very good electric smoker for the price and the smoke they produce from very little wood is impressive.

I would say you had a great birthday, crank that baby up, get it seasoned and start some smoking projects !!!

I too own a electric smoker but mine is a char-broil. And since you have a thermostat adjusting the temp will come very easy for you. Hope that your first and every smoke you do after that turns out wonderful. Oh and welcome to Smoking Meat and like me hope you learn alot here.

Bill
USMC Retired......ooorahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've had my mes for some time now, it's a great smoker imho, I have yet to make anything bad out of it!!!!! easy to use also.

Hi there Wood!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
It's a Mighty Fine place to be!

Great Folks, Great Food, Tons of info, and more fun than you can shake a stick at!

Congratulations on your new MES! Must've REALLY been a happy BD for you!!

Why not sign up for Jeff's Free 5 Day eCourse...It's a great little course, and the price is right to boot!
It'll get you started off right...PLUS...you have the rest of us here to help you along.

With all the resources you have available here at SMF, you'll be turning out 1st Class 'Q' in no time!

Looking forward to your posts here. (pics too!)

Again...Welcome Aboard!...

Until Later...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky