Electric smoked brisket - Foamheart!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
I did this yesterday and was really pleasantly surprised.

Not many pictures, I injected and marinated for 2 days. Rinsed and placed on the grate of a 225 to 250 smoker, chugging on pecan I think. 11 hours later, I pulled and wrapped, returned to the smoker for I believe 4 more hours,( maybe 3 hours, not sure). I brought it inside and lovingly rolled it up in some towels and left it on the counter for a couple a hours.

So lets see what kind of pictures I got (not many I assure you, it was a Margaritaville kinda day. HOT!

IMG_9940.JPG

These are just outta the marinate dried real well, and rubbed with 1 part kosher to 2 parts cracked black. Oh yeah, its 13 lb, full packer.

IMG_9941.JPG

IMG_9942.JPG

Sorry Todd, this time I used the MS Cold Smoker attachment with pecan shells

003 (2).JPG

You can't see it, but that is one juicy brisket.

IMG_9949.JPG

Tonight I had leftovers and it was even better than it was last night.

IMG_9951.JPG

Dang it I smoked chicken parts tonight. Brined 'em two days in my own cajun brine and they are like those Walt Disney turkey legs but with a cajun kick. Four hours with 2 parts apple and 1 part hickory. OMG they are delicious., juicy, but for some reason the are tuff. Of course they are Large chicken parts like a bunch of hens almost.

IMG_9961.JPG

I don't have a purpose for the chicken yet, maybe strip 'em and make a huge smoked chicken gumbo. We'll have to wait and see what this storm does.

I did make some light bread today too, but heck that's another story without any pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_9942.JPG
    IMG_9942.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The brisket and chicken look great! I’ve got a 19 lb packer sitting in the fridge hoping I’ll have time to do it one of these days. Points on the smoke for sure! What do you put in your Cajun brine?

The brisket and chicken look great! I’ve got a 19 lb packer sitting in the fridge hoping I’ll have time to do it one of these days. Points on the smoke for sure! What do you put in your Cajun brine?

Irs a basic brine, sugar sugar salt. To that I add 2 bay leaves, Tony's, and tabasco without getting too heavy handed. Its spicy, and just a little hot. The hot is comfortable, not like hot sausage, more like mild sausage. Lastly I had about 1/8th to 1/4 cup of a Zatarain's packaged boil mix. Before you ask.

Go to Amazon and here's their page title;

ZATARAIN'S Crab Boil Seasoning In Bag, 3 Ounce (Pack of 6)
by Zatarain's
( I tried to link it, but.....)

Inside the bag of spices there is mustard seeds, I think maybe some juniper berries, all spice, it has got all kinds of stuff. Its what we used to boil seafood with when I was a kid. Before the liquids and powders. Ewwww...... I think the powders are funny, they dust the outside of the seafood then you handle them and get it on your fingers and that's how it seasons the seafood. From hand to mouth! LOL

They use the boil in south Louisiana to cook roasts & turkeys, you should try a cajun roast beef or a cajun pastrami po boy.

Food looks really good Kevin. The news up here is saying that you could be in for a hum-dinger of a storm. Stay safe.

Point for sure
Chris

Last edited:
<looks around cautiously and whispers>
Made in China Pfffft!

I have a garage fulla parts, do you know whatcha need.
I think it may be a rewire the cheap *&*&^7 used all 14/2 with 15 amp breakers.It worked before I moved so when I get to it I will know more.
Thanks bud yard has been seeded well a part of it LOL spread 10 yards of loam and seeded yesterday.
Richie

Sounds great! I use this stuff all the time when I do shrimp and crab boils. Ever use the concentrated liquid stuff?

ONly when making faux boiled seafood for other dishes. I realized long ago why my fancy cooking didn't taste like Mom's. Its because we would peel the left over and freeze it at a boil, then she'd use that to cook with. So for instance, when I make crawfish bisque I will add just a couple a drops (not much) and that makes it like Mom's. Its a simple thing but it makes all the difference to me.

I find the liquid too hot with too much bite or bitter taste. But then again we never had it around when I was a kid, neither the powder. I laugh at my nephew he considers himself seafood boiling GURU...LOL He actually times his adds and measures all his ingredients...LOL Its just a difference in times. he always wants to stand around and learn but then gets frustrated when I don't use any measuring devices or clocks generally. I remember how making biscuits and cornbread dressing frustrated me too! LOL

I tell him its just like smoking, you must build experiences so you have some knowledge of what you are doing. Now when you get smart enough to apply that knowledge that's called wisdom and you have earned the right to be called a pit master.

I think it may be a rewire the cheap *&*&^7 used all 14/2 with 15 amp breakers.It worked before I moved so when I get to it I will know more.
Thanks bud yard has been seeded well a part of it LOL spread 10 yards of loam and seeded yesterday.
Richie

We always put the greens, parsley, and other weeds on the end of our rows. Then just forget about 'em. It's a peaceful serenity out in the garden, it cures life's problems.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky