Eggplant Parm Best thing We Make w/Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Really a sandwich was it cold or did you heat it up some how.

Warren
It was actually at room temp, and without heating it was delicious. That's when I knew how good it was, and I would jump through hoops to learn to cook it.

looks very nice! Would have a half of that d right now....Love Eggplant parm...
Thanks Push. Come on over, as you can see, there's plenty left over, just don't know how long it's gonna last, lol. Thanks for the like, very appreciated.

I haven't done this in quite a while, but it's on the list again. I like the peeling idea, too, as good eggplant is hard to come by year round and I remember the skin being bitter tasting.....

I haven't done this in quite a while, but it's on the list again. I like the peeling idea, too, as good eggplant is hard to come by year round and I remember the skin being bitter tasting.....
If I don't fry it long enough, the skin is not as good. And I mean a minute or 2 longer makes a lot of difference.
We make this 3-4 times a year, when there's nice eggplants around. Thanks for the like.

Very nice
Thanks for sharing.
Shh , we won't tell the MiL

I grow Asian eggplant. Skin isn't as tough or astringent as Italian.
I frequently grill them.
LOL. She'd never find this forum. Thanks for the kind words and the like, very appreciated. We occasionally also make stuffed eggplnt. From mini eggplants. Hard to find here in Ga. We get them at Super H mart, asian grocery store when available. I think they're Iranian eggplants maybe? They look like the full size ones, but smaller than the palm of your hand.

MJB05615 that looks great, I used to work in the kitchens of Greek restaurant's and we served Moussaka , not bad but not a big fan of Eggplant. But the way you have it fried up first looks a lot better. I might have to try it that way
Thanks for the pictures

David

Reactions: MJB05615
Looks real good Mike. I like eggplant parm. I've done chicken parm on the kettle, but haven't tried it with eggplant yet.

Point for sure
Chris

1614646852691.png

MJB05615 that looks great, I used to work in the kitchens of Greek restaurant's and we served Moussaka , not bad but not a big fan of Eggplant. But the way you have it fried up first looks a lot better. I might have to try it that way
Thanks for the pictures

David
Thanks David, that is the only way we've ever done it. I cannot imagine not frying the eggplant first. Try it, let me know how it goes. Thanks for the like.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks real good Mike. I like eggplant parm. I've done chicken parm on the kettle, but haven't tried it with eggplant yet.

Point for sure
Chris

View attachment 487471
Thanks Chris. That Chicken Parm looks great. I'd imagine the eggplant would hold up ok on the kettle after being fried. Thanks for the like and the point, very appreciated.

Thanks for the 'like'
We occasionally also make stuffed eggplnt. From mini eggplants. Hard to find here in Ga. We get them at Super H mart, asian grocery store when available. I think they're Iranian eggplants maybe? They look like the full size ones, but smaller than the palm of your hand.
Probably from India. Eggplant supposedly originated there. I grow Thai (which originated from India) and Chinese. Ran out of Chinese seed last year so shopping for another variety. May try the variety the size of a golf ball that is usually cooked in a tomato sauce.

Al thanks for the like, very appreciated.

I know--I know!!!
I'm way late, but this is the first I saw this & it Looks Awesome!!
I love Eggplant too!!!
Nice Job, Mike!
Like.

Bear

I know--I know!!!
I'm way late, but this is the first I saw this & it Looks Awesome!!
I love Eggplant too!!!
Nice Job, Mike!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John. Better late than never. This is literally the best thing we make, like mentioned above. It's a treat when we have it. We only have it 3-4 times a year. Funny thing, we'll be talking about what to have on a Sunday, I always suggest Eggplant Parm. Once in a while it's a yes. Takes a little bit of labor, but well worth it. True team effort, the Mrs. does the slicing and the finsihing touches to bake it. I do the batter and frying. She freely admits I make the batter better, lol. Thanks for the like, very appreciated.

I'm with Bear and somehow missed this . Looks great Mike and added to my "must try" list !
Thanks for sharing neighbor

I'm with Bear and somehow missed this . Looks great Mike and added to my "must try" list !
Thanks for sharing neighbor
Thanks. You're gonna love this dish. Before this came into my life, I would never eat eggplant. This changed everything. Let us know how it goes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky