Easy Smoke BBQ smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I made heaters with a similar design for my German Shepard's,but I used 150 watt flood lamps,works good for a while.but the bulbs burn out quick with out any ventilation.I definitely like the idea thou

Can you hear that?

PORK BUTT! PORK BUTT! PORK BUTT!

Don't hold back now!    
yahoo.gif

A little more progress finialy made built a door hasp and a skinned the front door

3c6bdf6f_a31bba05.jpg

486cc731_76adf7e2.jpg

got wheels, drip pan, and thermostat tested.  All I have left is finishing.

be46f3e1_1f207b63.jpg
28235166_6d558f3d.jpg

1st real test this weekend cooked great.  need to adjust the temp a little and test again

081aaa38_d17f29ba.jpg

I will get some more pics of the way the build turned out.  I needed to take the top to it to my shop at work to use the box brake so it did not look good but other than that i am happy with the way it worked.  Boston butts this weekend a little dry rub and we'll see what happens.  

Third time cooking in it no problem with the lamps yet.  this last round was some real good pulled pork.  I still need to paint the rest of the outside but I think all the testing is done and I now have a easy smoke cooker.  It was a fun project that all my friends thought I was crazy wasting my time on something that would never work.  (that is why I had to finish it no matter what)

c013214d_c324bc32.jpg
3205aad2_31a1c36a.jpg

Been a while since I have been on here but the update is that after cooking in this thing for at least 35 times the lamps are still working.  If you keep them protected from any drippings they will last a long time.  I wish the tray that holds the wood chips were farther away from the lamps, but other than that I would not change anything.  I am thinking about building a big brother to this one using stainless steel.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky