Easter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Easter is a big to do at my house,with the kids and grand kids egg hunting.Plus the feast that we usually have. It will be missed at my house this year! Anyone else cancel their Easter get together?
Richie
Stay safe

Richie, I look forward to Easter. I go to my 95yr old grandmothers house. Much more immediate family.

We have ham, keilbasa, halupki, easter pie, baked beans and hrudka and fresh bread.

I’ll miss that and spending time with family because of quarantine. I’ll be staying home with the wife. Smoked ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans will be on the menu.

Happy Easter Richie.

We usually have two Easter meals...one with my wife's family at her grandma's house, who is 91 I believe so that one is out for sure. The other with my side of the family. To be honest don't know what the plan is for that. Been so much going on after mom's passing we haven't discussed it. My daughter has been home since the funeral so not sure if her husband is coming back or not. Maybe just us and dad and brother. Have a fresh ham curing but not for Easter, hasn't been curing near long enough.
Wish you all a happy Easter ! If you're a believer then remember the true meaning of Easter, especially during these troubling times. If you're not then just be happy for the loved ones in your life, even if you can't be with them this holiday. The time will come when we can all get together again.

Stay safe and best wishes
Ryan

Same here:
It's usually Me & Mrs Bear, Bear Jr & his wife Bethany, and Bethany's Mom & Brother.
We always have it a Bear Jr's house.
This year it will just be Me & Mrs Bear & Smokey at our house & Bear Jr & Beth, and Deisel & Cheech & Chong at their house.

Bear

Reactions: Will Squared
Extended Family Easter was always at our house...
For the last 30 years or so.
There were never less than around 35 people and one time we had 50 ! Always LOTS of kids !
Last year was the first year that we held it at River Bend Park because things were still chaotic after the Paradise Fire.
Now most of the Family has moved to Idaho, Tennessee, or Texas.
This will be a very strange Easter around our house...

Easter is a big to do at my house,with the kids and grand kids egg hunting.Plus the feast that we usually have. It will be missed at my house this year! Anyone else cancel their Easter get together?
Richie
Stay safe
I usually have about 16 family members here. All older than egg hunt now but we enjoy they day. Eat, eat more, shoot some pool and play board games. Will definitely miss the heck out of it. Just be us this year. Think I’m cooking Chinese for my wife and I lol

Just the grandkids hanging out with us this weekend, everybody may stay apart if they have common sense, some of them don't fall into that bracket, we bought them decent fishing rods and reels but mamaw sez Sunday, going to rain Sunday I lose another debate lol

Wish you all a happy Easter ! If you're a believer then remember the true meaning of Easter, especially during these troubling times. If you're not then just be happy for the loved ones in your life, even if you can't be with them this holiday. The time will come when we can all get together again.

Beautiful sentiments Ryan and very well stated. Don't lose sight of what Easter is really all about, like so many people have totally forgotten what Christmas is all about. It's not Black Friday sales or economic indicators, or what's under the tree with your name on it.

As for us, Easter isn't something we can typically share with family. We are scattered all over the country and it's just not realistic to get together. Have no clue what I'm going to make for Tracy and i but it'll probably be low key and simple.

Y'all stay safe and have a great Easter!!
Robert

Yea this is a bummer for us too. We usually just have a small Easter with my wife’s parents and aunt. But it’s always a great time. It will be missed.

But hopefully everyone stays safe and make a good day out of it anyway.

Reactions: jcam222
I'm smoking a pork butt for Easter just my parents coming over from just across the dirt rd. We did have a big shin dig planned before the virus.

Beautiful sentiments Ryan and very well stated. Don't lose sight of what Easter is really all about, like so many people have totally forgotten what Christmas is all about. It's not Black Friday sales or economic indicators, or what's under the tree with your name on it.

As for us, Easter isn't something we can typically share with family. We are scattered all over the country and it's just not realistic to get together. Have no clue what I'm going to make for Tracy and i but it'll probably be low key and simple.

Robert
Low key and simple...hhhmmmm? I'm not sure if that fits you Robert! I'm just giving you some guff, but I'm sure many here would agree, it doesn't fit you. But if in case it does...I'm sure many of us would like to see that post. :emoji_wink:

Ryan

Richie, I look forward to Easter. I go to my 95yr old grandmothers house. Much more immediate family.

We have ham, keilbasa, halupki, easter pie, baked beans and hrudka and fresh bread.

I’ll miss that and spending time with family because of quarantine. I’ll be staying home with the wife. Smoked ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans will be on the menu.

Happy Easter Richie.
Joe we have a lot in common food wise, I am having a fit of a time trying to find bakeries up here.Were we lived before was nice easy one stop shopping most times.
Easter Pie I called an Italian bakery and asked if they had it NOPE
I would make my own if I had the crew coming .
Happy Easter to you and yours
Richie

Reactions: xray
I usually have about 16 family members here. All older than egg hunt now but we enjoy they day. Eat, eat more, shoot some pool and play board games. Will definitely miss the heck out of it. Just be us this year. Think I’m cooking Chinese for my wife and I lol
My oldest will be 50 this year youngest 30 yo
Richie

Reactions: jcam222

Robert

LOL---"Low Key & Simple"???
This I gotta see. (Shaking my head with my paws over my face)

Bear

Reactions: HalfSmoked
I tried to put a rolling on the floor laughing
snap.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky