EASTER BRISKET ADVICE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JMAC1604

Original poster
Nov 18, 2017
Hey smokers,

picked up two 5lb flat briskets. Currently, have them sitting iN fridge all rubbed up sitting overnight.

I have a master built 30in electric smoker. Planning to run a temp of 225 until the IT reached 195-200. Would like to eat around 2-3pm
Any suggestions on time to start? Foil? Spray halfway through?
Thanks!

This is good. . .

Edit:

Mine needed t go a bit longer for probe tender. Can wrap in towels if done a little early

If you are gonna wrap, which I probably would for a flat only. at about 160 wrap it up or use a foil pan. When doing flats I used to add some beef broth/Worcestershire, etc. it will condense as it evaporated so be careful there.

I agree with wrapping, but with a flat I wrap as soon as I get some good color. Then cook it tender and rest in a cooler at least 2 hours, 3 is better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky