Dyna-glo Masterbuilt Frankensmoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BaxtersBBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 5, 2020
I’m really starting to like my gravity smoker but I need something larger. The ease of use is right up there with pellet smokers but produces a flavor extremely close to my offsets. I’ve looked into ordering a larger custom built gravity but the wait time is months.

So... I see the Dyna-glo wide body offset smokers are on sale right now for $242 and offer 1890square inches of cooking space. Much larger than anything chargriller or Masterbuilt offers. I wonder how hard it would be to take the charcoal chute and controller off my Masterbuilt and attach it to a dyna-glo? Anybody tried this? I’m extremely tempted to start dismantling my Masterbuilt.

96AB4714-2FE4-4530-A084-6AC78E704079.jpeg
8A06FF0A-EE44-4031-B042-E53949F52CA7.jpeg

It doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult. My only concern is I don’t know if the fan and charcoal hopper would be able to heat such a large area. Any thoughts?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky