Dutch's Diablo de Mayo Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Vulcan posted a thread about a stuffed Italian Sausage that he did and I thought it would make a great sammich using my sauce.

Dutch's Diablo de Mayo Sauce

1 cup of mayonaise
1 tablespoon Chipolte powder
1 jalapeno finely diced (seeded and membranes removed optional)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refridgerator and allow flavors to meld together for 2-3 hours.

You may want to start with 1 teaspoon of Chiplote powder and 1/2 of the diced jalapeno and go from there. This stuff will really kick yer butt, but dang is it good!!

I originally created this sauce to take along to a Cinco de Mayo party and called it Cinco de Mayo sauce. One of the other guest at the party refered to it as my "Devil Sauce" so I figured "why not" and it's been called my Diablo de Mayo Sauce ever since.

Hope you all enjoy it!!

That sounds like the perfect sauce for a lot of things. I think I would add a bit of finely minced pimento just for color and 1/8 tsp garlic powder for balance.

Will try it out on some friends next weekend! Mucho gracias por "El Diablo de Mayo" mi amigo!

Cheers!

Looks like it would be tasty, and easy. Only problem up here......hard to find anything "chipolte" in S.E. Michigan.

crewdawg make your own,buy some peppers and smoke em',dry them out and grind them up!!!
i grow and smoke all kinds of peppers,they all have unique flavours, i keep mason jars of chipolte on hand and this stuff will last a long time,just make sure when you process the peppers that they are completely dry, i finish the process in a dehydrator to make sure.

Mark

dawg, I usually pour this sauce into a condiment bottle (or a used clean "squeeze type catsup bottle) and let folks add what they want to their sammiches.

Thanks Dutch,
do it just like any other sauce then
I will try this out this weekend
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky