Dutch Oven Kielbasa Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' in AZ

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 13, 2019
Chandler and Show Low Arizona
It was chilly in Arizona yesterday (in the 60s), so time for some chili. Sue and I prepared the meal together. This chili is a bit different than traditional chilis. It is with turkey kielbasa, some fresh veg, spices and pantry goods. So here goes…

Ingredients:
1 pound turkey kielbasa, halved and sliced
2 Jalapenos, diced
½ onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
EVOO
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans
1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
2 cups vegetable broth
Spices to taste: Chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
Toppings: Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese

IMG_20200327_092413602.jpg

Saute kielbasa, jalapenos, onion and garlic in EVOO in Dutch Oven.

IMG_20200327_092940735.jpg

Cook until kielbasa is browned, stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.

IMG_20200327_094520964.jpg

tx smoker tx smoker Here is a shot of the pot just for you my friend!
IMG_20200327_094657714.jpg

Top with dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, serve. We used grated smoked cheddar jack, but any cheddar cheese will work. Here's the money shot with a side of the Beer Bread we made the day before.

IMG_20200327_181129743.jpg

If you want to freeze the leftovers, cool chili and transfer to freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat thoroughly.

It was a fun cook to do on a chilly day with teamwork as the theme...

Thanks for Lookin'

John and Sue

Man that looks good! Ive never had chilli with sausage in it like that. I think I would really enjoy it. I have a bunch of smoked sausage right now. Not turkey but pork and probably have everything else on hand. Might be a meal on my list for next week! Great team work John and Sue! Big like!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That'll work! It's raining here today ... I could use a steamy bowl of that in my life!
Thanks Bacon_Crazy for the like and kind comments!

That's some fine looking chili John! I sure could use a bowl today. You couldn't ask for a more crappier day here.

Like!
Thanks for the like xray and funny comments!

Man that looks good! Ive never had chilli with sausage in it like that. I think I would really enjoy it. I have a bunch of smoked sausage right now. Not turkey but pork and probably have everything else on hand. Might be a meal on my list for next week! Great team work John and Sue! Big like!
Thanks for the like and the nice words Sowsage! It is really nice and differrent, we have had it several times and have enjoyed it each time.

That looks great !

or some socks ,,,,,,,
Thanks Chop, was trying to get Robert to comment, but he missed it. Guess he was working too hard this weekend.

John That looks like a nice hearty meal. Likes
Richie
Thanks for the Like Richie! And it a nice hearty meal for a chilly day.

John

Looks great! We've been putting kielbasa in our chili for years. Love the flavor it adds. But, I've never seen black olives in chili before. Very intriguing. Thanks for the recipe!

You better watch out tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker might be jealous of that foot shot!

Hey...I resemble that remark!! Although the chili looks great I bet he took that foot pic just so he could be more like me....absent minded about your picture presentations :emoji_laughing: Seriously AZ, that's a great looking and very creative pot of chili. I might just have to make a batch of my Italian chili one day and we can compare notes.

Robert

Looks great! We've been putting kielbasa in our chili for years. Love the flavor it adds. But, I've never seen black olives in chili before. Very intriguing. Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks Steve, we have also been making it for several years.

And the leftover olives are for your bread recipe we plan on doing real soon.

Damn John cant believe I missed this. That chili looks awesome man! You better watch out tx smoker tx smoker might be jealous of that foot shot!
Thansk for the like John, and yes I intentionally added took the shot and ded just to get a ride out of him. If he can tease me about Sue using my login, I can tease him anout accidently getting his feet into shots.... :emoji_kissing:
Hey...I resemble that remark!! Although the chili looks great I bet he took that foot pic just so he could be more like me....absent minded about your picture presentations :emoji_laughing: Seriously AZ, that's a great looking and very creative pot of chili. I might just have to make a batch of my Italian chili one day and we can compare notes.

Robert
Go for it Robert, we love this chili and as Steve said the kielbasa adds a different flavor, don't forget the olives.
And if I can't tease you then who can buddy!

And yes Sue helped with this one..... :emoji_laughing:

John

And if I can't tease you then who can buddy!

Heck yeah buddy!! It's all in good fun. Steve has his shrunken CI skillet, Joe has his Taco Bell salsa and take-out Chinese, and I have my feet. See, I only do that as a thermometer for everybody here. If the feet are bare, it's over 70 degrees. If you see shoes, that means it's friggin cold...like 65 or so. It's all in an effort to keep the good folks up to speed on the climate here in Cen Tex

My story and I'm sticking to it!!
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky