Duroc Lonzino

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
So... here's the other half of the loin. As tasty as the Lomo is, I was really looking forward to this one.

Out of the chamber at 35% loss.

20231201_180814.jpg

20231201_180822.jpg

Collagen sheet off and a few shots of either side.

20231201_181738.jpg

20231201_181745.jpg

Here are a few cut shots. I'll be winning no prizes for my photography, but this piece dried very evenly. I wish I could find some loin with more of the fat still attached.

20231201_182028.jpg

Very easy and pleasant flavor, but the funky from the mold seems to stand up a little more. Still quite tasty. I vac sealed both halves and will re-taste in a few weeks.

20231201_182526.jpg

That's the last piece of whole muscle in the box for now. Waiting on the saucisson sec to finish so we can gauge our success. Happy Saturday and thanks for looking.

That looks delicious! You've been busy lately... and have some tasty treats as well!

Ryan

Reactions: mr_whipple
That looks delicious! You've been busy lately... and have some tasty treats as well!

Ryan
Thanks! I have been a little busy. It keeps me from the things I'm supposed to be doing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky