Duroc Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
I’ve started using a double sear process for SV mostly for the pan juice base for sauce or gravy. So far I like this method very well, I’ve done beef and pork this way and in both cases the meat flavor is definitely bumped up a notch.
I seared these Duroc chops in CI with butter before going into the water bath.
39059B8B-7ECB-4C20-8F4A-D0DCE01A1964.jpeg

A9989717-1418-4281-A7F2-0FEEE5CF522B.jpeg

Then bagged and into the bath set at 140F for about 2 hours. These are about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch thick.

EC501B80-2D8C-4C5F-B334-2D6A45A2DEA5.jpeg

Then I used the same CI to sauté some mushrooms and garlic to start making a Mascarpon/Parmesan cream sauce.

127269EB-A1C6-441B-A4E5-6AEB68B3C458.jpeg

Once the chops were done I took them to grill and hit them with a propane torch for final sear.
EC1B70A6-4F69-497C-9473-4E4063BE483A.jpeg

These came out super juicy and delicious.

A7313320-7E4E-4EE2-8A12-601F719F47AE.jpeg

ABBC2271-2CD4-401F-A606-8208F7E62FD1.jpeg

My plate shot with Farfalle pasta smothered in sauce, steamed spinach and chop.

B9D773A9-F020-4C6B-97C5-5D409021956A.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by.

That is nothing short of spectacular. Pork looks excellent but you got me drooling with the pasta and mushroom sauce. Man oh man that looks and sounds delicious!! Extremely well done.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The chops look fantastic, and that mushroom sauce is something I gotta try. I'll take a plate with some gluten free pasta (I know you got some around there lol).

Reactions: SmokinEdge
WOW! That looks so incredibly good!
Thank you Brian.

That is nothing short of spectacular. Pork looks excellent but you got me drooling with the pasta and mushroom sauce. Man oh man that looks and sounds delicious!! Extremely well done.

Robert
Much appreciated Robert, I didn’t measure anything in the sauce but I’ll try to post my method for the sauce.

Looks tasty and juicy! And the added sauce...pass me a plate please!

Ryan
Thank you Ryan, you will have to try the sauce, it’s rich but delicious.

The chops look fantastic, and that mushroom sauce is something I gotta try. I'll take a plate with some gluten free pasta (I know you got some around there lol).
Thank you Doug, yeah the oldest had his with GF penne pasta, stay tuned for a recipe of sorts for the sauce.

Reactions: DougE
For the mushroom sauce:

I sauté mushrooms and minced garlic in the same pan as I seared the chops so you get the drippings and the slightly browned butter as a base. I cook the mushrooms until they absorb the butter then add white wine (I used a riesling slightly dry) to deglaze the pan, maybe 2/3c. Simmer the mushrooms for maybe 5 minutes, long enough to boil off the alcohol and for the shrooms to absorb a little wine, then add 1-2 Tbs. of a combination of fresh minced basil, oregano and Italian parsley.

Then add about 5oz. of mascarpone cheese, stir, then add about 16oz. Heavy cream, bring to a simmer and reduce, if it gets a little thick I add water for consistency, then I add about 1/2c fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano, stir and cook only until cheese is incorporated and remove from heat.

Reactions: DougE
Looks fantastic and cooked just right. I love Duroc and Berkshire pork.
Thank you Jeff, I do appreciate it. The pork producer I get my meat from has a little Berkshire mixed in his Duroc line, the fat is so buttery and delicious.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky