Dumb question- Maverick Thermo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pacedawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Orlando, FL area
I cannot for the life of me find the answer to my question while searching this forum so I apologize if I am asking a question that has been aswered a thousand times. Can someone tell me/ show me the best way to set up a Maverick ET-732 on a Brinkmann Offset? Do I need to make any mods or can I run it through the vent, etc? Also, can someone explain the usage of the potato or wood? Last, does the Maverick take readings for the meat while cooking and the internal temp of the grill?

I drilled a 3/8" hole in the end of my smoker base ( opposite end from firebox). I run the probea through there. Some people would aay that's a large hole for a leak, but it's a Brinkmann what's another leak between friends. Just don't pinch the probe leads.

The ET732 has dual probes one for the meat one for the smoker.  Two separate readings on your remote.  I don't know what i'd do without mine.

On my offset, no drilling was necessary.

I wrap a little aluminum foil around the wires for some mechanical protection.  Gently close the lid.

The Maverick pit probe comes with a clip for the grate, so no potato or wood contraption is necessary.

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited:
Hi I wouldn't smoke/cook without using my Maverick 732..I even use it indoors. Best $$ spend on any smoking tool. I too have a Brinkmann Offset no problems with the probes. Get one you won't be dissapointed.

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky