• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dumb question- Maverick Thermo

pacedawg

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 15, 2013
I cannot for the life of me find the answer to my question while searching this forum so I apologize if I am asking a question that has been aswered a thousand times. Can someone tell me/ show me the best way to set up a Maverick ET-732 on a Brinkmann Offset? Do I need to make any mods or can I run it through the vent, etc? Also, can someone explain the usage of the potato or wood? Last, does the Maverick take readings for the meat while cooking and the internal temp of the grill?

gone4nc

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 12, 2013
I drilled a 3/8" hole in the end of my smoker base ( opposite end from firebox). I run the probea through there. Some people would aay that's a large hole for a leak, but it's a Brinkmann what's another leak between friends. Just don't pinch the probe leads.

davidhef88

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 24, 2011
The ET732 has dual probes one for the meat one for the smoker.  Two separate readings on your remote.  I don't know what i'd do without mine.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
On my offset, no drilling was necessary.

I wrap a little aluminum foil around the wires for some mechanical protection.  Gently close the lid.

The Maverick pit probe comes with a clip for the grate, so no potato or wood contraption is necessary.

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited:

danbono

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 19, 2012
Hi I wouldn't smoke/cook without using my Maverick 732..I even use it indoors. Best $$ spend on any smoking tool. I too have a Brinkmann Offset no problems with the probes. Get one you won't be dissapointed.

Dan

pacedawg

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 15, 2013
Dan- how are you running the probes?Are you just closing the lid on the wires? Thanks for the reply!

danbono

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 19, 2012
Yup just closing the lid on the probe wires.

Dan

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.