Duck prosciutto

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Ohio
I been reading the Book Charcuterie, and there is a recipe for duck Prosciutto, has anyone ever eaten it or tried it?

I am going to give it try..just back from the store and bought a duck.

icon_cool.gif

I haven't had any duck to try it so give it a shot and let us know how it comes out. That's what we do here. Think of something then give it a shot and let everyones else know how it comes out.

Well I am very curious and I already plan on trying it. I never heard of it and was curious if anyone else has or even tasted  it. It only takes seven days to cure  so I plan on eating it within the next two weeks ! :))

Sounds great..

I saw that recipe..loks nice.

Craig

I know this an old thread but I decided to try the Duck Prosciutto recipe in the Charcuterie Book.  Being the crackshot waterfowl hunter that I am I had to buy a domestic duck from the grocery store!  I figured they would at least have more meat to them.  I followed the recipe to a tee (except that I had to let it hang/dry about 2 weeks longer for the right firmness) and was very impressed with the flavor/texture.  It tasted exactly like the deli bought pork version.  I  suggest if you enjoy prosciutto to give this a try. The only downfall is that with it being a duck (size) it seemed it was gone in an instant, it was so good!

Sorry no pix I will probably do this recipe again tho, camera in hand!

I have started a pair of goose breasts 2 days ago

how long did you let yours sit in the dry rub

was there alot of water pulled from it at first?

how long and where did you store it after the cure was set?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky