Duck Parmesan...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Had another dinner tonight at my Buddy's house. Duck Breast Parmesan. Everything was spectacular! He lives about 5 minutes away from a new Total Wine store that just opened not 6 months ago. I have started making it a habit to stop on my way and pick up some wine for the meal. I also needed a white wine from the Vento region in Italy for another salami project so I picked that up too. I had saved what was left in the stuffer from making the Ventricina Teramana to serve tonight on Bruschetta; heated it in the oven to melt the fats a little and heat treat the salami because it was fresh and not dried yet. I was looking for a bottle of montepulciano wine to serve with the pre meal antipasto while we cooked. And boy did I find a good bottle!!
IMG_20220406_172754.jpg

The wine was so good, immediately after opening and letting it breathe my buddy grabbed his keys and went back to the wine store and bought every bottle they had! LOL!

The board:
IMG_20220406_173950.jpg

Calabrian Coppa, Braesola, Finocchiona salami, Calabrian Soppressata, Lemon and Pistachio salami, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, and Merlot cheese

The Ventricina Teramana
IMG_20220406_174010.jpg

bruschetta:
IMG_20220406_175124.jpg

Now the meal... I pounded the duck breasts out with a meat mallet and seasoned with some cajun waterfowl seasoning. Dredge in flour, egg wash, then Italian bread crumbs with a little parmesan cheese.
IMG_20220406_173955.jpg

Fried those quickly in a little olive oil, then into a pirex dish.
IMG_20220406_183519.jpg

Covered with homemade marinara (used the last jar from the garden) and then fresh mozzarella. In the oven 350*F for 45 minutes.
IMG_20220406_183752.jpg

Done! Out of the oven!
IMG_20220406_193458.jpg

And the plate with side salad.
IMG_20220406_193826.jpg

IMG_20220406_193833.jpg

Absolutely fabulous meal tonight. That wine was the best bottle I have had in a LONG time! Really exceptional Tuscano Montepulciano! Had to open another for the meal.

Last edited:
That is one fine looking meal from start to finish! I’d be spent after the antipast, wine and bruschetta…but I’d soldier on to the main course. The duck looks great!

I know nothing of wine but man what a meal!! Duck looks amaxing and anyone getting to sample a charcuterie board of yours is in for a treat!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Wow!
I have no idea what Ventricina Teramana is but I'm assuming that's what's on the Bruschetta and I could make a meal out of them, whatever it is!
I'm doing Marinara with some of last years canned Romas today for the first time. It tastes good but now I wish I had some fresh mozzarella :emoji_angry:
Big Like!!

Reactions: indaswamp
Wow! What a spectacular meal!
Thanks bauchjw!

That is one fine looking meal from start to finish! I’d be spent after the antipast, wine and bruschetta…but I’d soldier on to the main course. The duck looks great!
Thanks xray! Everything was great!

Great looking meal
Thanks Jim!

I'm with xray xray Could make a meal out of the beginnings! And that main meal is to die for.
Jim
Thanks JLeonard. I make the salami and salumi to share with friends and family. Can't eat it all with the amount I make.

I know nothing of wine but man what a meal!! Duck looks amaxing and anyone getting to sample a charcuterie board of yours is in for a treat!
Thanks jcam222! Italian wines are very difficult to get to know. The rules are crazy.

Damn that all looks amazing! You got some lucky friends!
Thanks SmokinVOLfan! If I'm gonna go all out with a big meal, I'd just a soon cook for friends rather than just for myself...

Whats not to love?
Wine? Good!
Duck? Good!
Parmesan? Good!
View attachment 628441
Thanks O'Basque
Looks awesome I like seeing game thanks for sharing bud
Thanks negolien.
Wow!
I have no idea what Ventricina Teramana is but I'm assuming that's what's on the Bruschetta and I could make a meal out of them, whatever it is!
I'm doing Marinara with some of last years canned Romas today for the first time. It tastes good but now I wish I had some fresh mozzarella :emoji_angry:
Big Like!!
Thanks smokeymose. Yes, the Ventricina Teramana is the spreadable salami on the bruschetta. The fresh mozz. really puts this dish over the top.

That is an amazing meal. Any leftovers?
Thans SHS. Yes, I had the leftovers for dinner tonight.

That whole meal looks fantastic! Great job on it all!

Ryan

That whole meal looks fantastic! Great job on it all!

Ryan
Thanks BH!

Absolutely jaw-dropping. And thanks for the heads-up on the wine.
Thanks Sven! About that wine.....just to show you how confusing Italian wines can be...Montepulciano is a wine grape variety. But it is ALSO a town in Tuscany. This wine is named after the town and uses the Sangiovese grape-not the montepulciano grape! And I love Sangiovese wines so it's no wonder I loved this one.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
You knocked that one out of the park Inda. It looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Holy cow!
That meal is off the charts!
Al
Thanks Al! I'm filling up the maturing chamber fast as I pull stuff out to keep the selection going for the board. With this spring weather, been doing a lot of dinner parties...

You knocked that one out of the park Inda. It looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks gmc2003! Everything was good, but that bottle of wine made it exceptional! I was in super taster nirvana.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky