Duck anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vetmp

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Newburgh (Town), New York
Hey all,

Been awhile since I have been around. Been out at the smoker doing a lot of cooking.

I'm wanting to try something new. I have a duck in my freezer that I am going to thaw out and give a shot at smoking. Now, while this sounds all fine and dandy, I've realized that I have no idea how to cook it. Do I cook it like a chicken? 1-1.5 hours at 300-325? I don't know. Also, does anyone have a good idea for a rub that would go well with a duck? I figure I should at least put it in a pan with some butter and maybe some chicken stock to keep the moisture there.

What says y'all?   
usa.gif

I am actually going to smoke a duck in the next day or two. I'm going to brine it in salt water overnight, rub inside and out with salt and rub a little bit of my honey I just harvested on the skin. I'll smoke it at 225°-250 for probably 4-5 hours or until the IT is around 165°. I may crisp the skin on a hot grill if it's not as crispy as I want it when it's done smoking.

How'd it turn out!!!  Here's mine!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky