Dual fuel - Propane or Charcoal with Electric? does this exist?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwilliamson

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Hello. Apologize if this was already a topic on the forum, but I can't find it. Are there any dual fuel smokers out there that are either charcoal and electric or propane and electric? The only dual fuel I see is propane and charcoal which I do understand because they are both using combustion, but it would seem rather simple to incorporate electric into the mix for better low heat control but still giving you the high heat from either combustion method. Thoughts?

I’ve not seen dual fuel setups with on portion being electric. I use my Smokers , electric or charcoal) for up to around 300F and a Kamado if I want to sear or essentially grill. For all in one to smoke and sear perhaps a pellet cooker with a searing plate would be good.

Not seen it either but I used to have the MB Dual Fuel (gas and charcoal) and I liked it but didn't love it. On a whim I bought a MES30 for $99 on a Black Friday and LOVE it. I couldn't even get $50 for the Dual Fuel and was only 2 years old and paid $200+ for it. MES is totally set and forget but Dual Fuel not so.

Have you seen the MB 560 gravity feed charcoal smoker with a fan forced air venturi to preheat in under 10 minutes and can jump to 700° in a few minutes and hold any temp between 150-700 with zero babysitting. It holds a 16.9lb bag of charcoal or less weight if lump since it's lighter. It's $500. But maybe on sale now. The fan is a game changer over a regular gravity feed to jump to sear. Too expensive for me but appears to be nice. On sale at $400 below. There should be videos on You Tube.

Last edited:
Got mine last week, fantastic. Smoker great ribs and just did some wings . Great crispy skin on the wings. Grilled some tomahawk, out of this world. Cooked the at 600 degrees for a couple minutes each side then turned it down to 275 to finish them.

Reactions: dr k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky