Dry pork tenderloin??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

actech

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Illinois Land of jailed governors
Can you cure/dry a pork tenderloin? Or is there something good to do with one besides grill them? I love them grilled with either sp or teriyaki on em.  Last week the local Meijer had pork loins on sale for 1.39lb, so I went to get a few and they had mismarked a bunch of tenderloins as loins. So I bought about 10 two packs and put in the freezer. Probably make some good cb but I was curious if anyone did anything different with a tenderloin as I have enough to experiment with.

That's a GREAT deal on pork tenderloins.  You can absolutely cure them, it's called Canadian bacon here in the US. 

Edit:  Ooops, my bad.  I missed your reference to CB above. 

Last edited:

That is a great find,as Ray said cure them and you have Canadian Bacon

Richie

I made Thai Jerky out of one once.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/257229/thai-jerky
That jerky looks good. I'll give that a try next weekend. I'm usually in a grocery store every other day, got 4 teenagers in the house. Milk alone i should own a cow. lol  Even if going in for just milk I got to tour the meat dept. looking for deals just in case. Gonna have a major culture shock when the last one gets old enough to move out.  Been cooking for 5-6 long enough I dont have a clue how to cook for 1.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky