• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dry curing deer

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
Anyone have any suggestions on a type of style for curing sausage type stuffed meats? I would like to cure, stuff and smoke and dry them and stor them dry. I like bologna, but am looking for other ideas to process deer into different things. 

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
Any dry sausage/salamai formulation works as long as you add enough fat. I did Len Poli's venison salami, but haven't followed thr recipe to the letter. Look it up.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Just realize Dry Curing is an advanced technique with special equipment and extra care with sanitation and handling. Not hard just more involved...JJ

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2015
I figured you would add less to no fat, but that is just an assumption. Since I don't know can someone enlighten me more on what or point me to a recipe, instructions or a type of processing to follow? 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.