Dry Aged Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Some of the dry aged ribeye steaks I did for 45 days in a UMAi around last Christmas made the trip to AZ. I seasoned the steaks when I cut them with salt and pepper before they went into the vac-seal bag. I popped one right from the freezer into the Sous Vide pot for four hours at 126º.
sv1.JPG

I've taken to getting a char on my steaks with the aid of a weed torch. I don't have a gas grill, the DW isn't fond of the smell of the house if I use the iron skillet, and I love playing with fire.
DSCN1099.jpg

Tho I doubt I'll ever take the time and fridge space to ever dry age another rib roast, the steaks I got out of it were pretty darned flavorful. Buttery yam, garlic butter spinach, horseradish, little glass of cab. What can I say, I like butter. RAY
DSCN1105.JPG

Looks fantastic!! I am going to try dry aging some prime rib for Christmas dinner this year. I will Sous vide that and finish off on a 500F kamado.

Well jcam, give dry aging a shot and see what you think. I did a total of three standing rib roasts after backing the rib bones off, they can puncture the UMAi bag. Having only the kitchen fridge it took up a big chunk of space for 45 days, and I didn't think it made all that much difference in the flavor of the steak.
DSCN0932.JPG

All that rubbery stuff on the outside has to be trimmed off, it doesn't chew or taste too good to me. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
fridge space: "Tho I doubt I'll ever take the time and fridge space to ever dry age another rib roast..."
easy peasy solution to fridge space: Buy the wife a new bigger fridge! She will love it and claim the old fridge for the garage or basement!

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky