Drumsticks and a surprise from the wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
The holiday season is upon us and my wife surprised me with an early Christmas gift- the Char Griller Akorn. She saw that I've been eyeing up her brother's Kamado so she bought this. Wise woman. Anyway today was learning and seasoning day (she let me have it early as long as I promised to make PP with Christmas eve dinner). It was pretty easy to slowly bring up and hold at 260 for a while before cranking it up for the seasoning burn. Trial run this weekend!

So while that was happening I figured why not make lunch and so I fired up good 'ole trusty propane betsy and threw on some drumsticks. I injected the drumsticks with Frank's buffalo sauce and generously seasoned them with Stubb's chicken seasoning. On they went at 270-280 for a little while with some cherry wood chips. The result? Maybe my best drumsticks ever! Bite through skin and deliciously moist chicken. This will be a go to for a while...

IMG_8128.jpg
IMG_8189.jpg IMG_8188.jpg IMG_8196.jpg

Nice gift from the wife for sure congrats on the new rig! Drumstick look great too! I like the stubbs chicken rub too. Tasty and wont break the bank!

Thanks. The chicken rub is really good. So is the pork rub!

Wow you been a good boy honor the one whom you must obey.

Warren
Happy wife, happy life or something, right?!

Good luck and lots of successful smokes in your future
Richie
Thanks!

Wow! This is very pleasant surprise! Congrats on your new toy!

It was a nice surprise, indeed! Better than me surprising her with it too!

When your wife buys you smoking equipment shes a keeper for sure!! :) Congrats on the new cooker, chicken looks great!

Reactions: JCAP
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky