Drums & Thighs. ( 1st in Ninja—Oil-Free)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA

Drums & Thighs. ( 1st in Ninja—Oil-Free)

This Newest Toy makes Great food, but really outdoes itself when it comes to Chicken Parts, with or without Bones.

So this time it’s 4 Drums & 3 Thighs that I sprinkled some CBP, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika on before Refrigerating for a few hours.
Then I plugged in the Ninja, set it on “Air Fryer”, and set it on 390° for 30 minutes.
Then after 10 minutes I flipped them all and sauced both sides.
After another 8 minutes, flipped them all again & sauced the top side.
After 4 more minutes they were all over 180°, and had nice color, so I shut it down.
The Drums got Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce, and the Thighs got Jeff’s BBQ Sauce.
The first Night’s Supper had Peas on the side, and Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy.

The Second Night’s Supper had a cut up Thigh & a Drum, with Spanish Rice on the side.

The flavors we get from things made in this thing are Amazing!

Thanks for stopping by.

Bear

4 Drums & 3 Thighs Seasoned:
IMG_6881.jpeg

Preheated & Ready to Add Food:
IMG_6882.jpeg

After First Flip:
IMG_6883.jpeg

Ready for Sauce:
IMG_6884.jpeg

Sauced---Mrs Bear's Sauce on Drums (Mrs Bear)----Jeff's Sauce on My Chicken Thighs:
IMG_6885.jpeg

All Ready to Eat (All over 180° IT):
IMG_6886.jpeg

Bear's First Night's Supper---One Thigh, Peas, Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy:
IMG_6887.jpeg

Bear's Second Night's Supper---Trimmings from one Thigh & one Drum, and Spanish Rice on the side:
IMG_6891.jpeg

That does a really nice job, Looks tasty and juicy

Gary

Looks real good John. You're really getting great use out of that Ninja. I'm still earning my keep in order to get one over the Summer, LOL. Chicken looks perfectly cooked and juicy. Great work, and write ups, as always. Thanks.

That thing puts a nice crust on the bird . Those look really good .

Thank You Rich!!
Appreciate That!

Bear

Man, that looks good. I have one of the same units on order but it has not yet arrived. Can hardly wait to give it a workout.

Thank You big !!
I'm working on a list of everything I've made with this thing. It will have all the settings, times, and temps of worked best on each item.

Bear

Reactions: bill1
Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the pics are sure tempting me. (It's not just $, it's also counter space I need to save.)
So pardon what are probably stupid questions...

So do you dial in a temperature with these? Or is it a lo, med, hi kind of control? Or do they have a pre-set temp for browning (given the Maillard Chemical Reaction & all that) and so it's just a matter of the time you set?

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the pics are sure tempting me. (It's not just $, it's also counter space I need to save.)
So pardon what are probably stupid questions...

So do you dial in a temperature with these? Or is it a lo, med, hi kind of control? Or do they have a pre-set temp for browning (given the Maillard Chemical Reaction & all that) and so it's just a matter of the time you set?

Thank You Bill !!
With this "Ninja Smart Grill", there are basically two ways to control Heat & Time.
I like the way that is just Set it for Temp & Time, and once you know how long it takes you just check it & make sure it's right, and you're done.

The other way is using the "Smart" sensor:
So let's say We like our Steaks at 140° IT, so I put the Smart Sensor in the Steak, and set it for "Grill", "#6", "126°", and close the Lid.
Then when it gets to 108° IT, the Ninja says "FLIP FOOD".
So I flip the Steak.
Then when it gets to 126° IT, the Ninja says "REST".
So I remove the steak, and put it on a plate, with the Sensor still in.
Then after 5 minutes of resting, the IT went from 126° to 140°, and it said "END".
That 140° was exactly the way we like it, which is Pink from Bark to Bark, without a lot of blood oozing out.
This thing is Awesome!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks real good John. You're really getting great use out of that Ninja. I'm still earning my keep in order to get one over the Summer, LOL. Chicken looks perfectly cooked and juicy. Great work, and write ups, as always. Thanks.

Thank You Mike!!
When You get one, I'll have something for you.
I'm working on a list of everything I've made in this Ninja.
It will have all the settings I used that worked the best for me, on everything I've made. Things like whether to set it on Grill, Air Fry, Bake, etc, etc, also Temp, Set Time, When & If to Flip, etc, etc.
I don't have a whole lot of them yet, but I'm working on it.
And Thanks for the Like, Mike.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Thank You Mike!!
When You get one, I'll have something for you.
I'm working on a list of everything I've made in this Ninja.
It will have all the settings I used that worked the best for me, on everything I've made. Things like whether to set it on Grill, Air Fry, Bake, etc, etc, also Temp, Set Time, When & If to Flip, etc, etc.
I don't have a whole lot of them yet, but I'm working on it.
And Thanks for the Like, Mike.

Bear
That's great, I appreciate it a lot. Now the pressure is on me to behave long enough to get it, sooner than later.

• Haha
That chicken looks scrumptious Bear. Great Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky