Double Smoked Spiral Ham & Smooshed Taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Did a small spiral ham yesterday and smooshed taters for the race with some friends.

spds.jpg

Smooshed mashed taters.
smmash5.jpg

In the PB Vert
smmash.jpg

smsmash8.jpg

Sorry didnt get the final serving pic.

That looks great. Was the sugared or glazed when purchased. I see those at Walmart all the time. Need to smoke one.
Yeah it had a sugar glaze packet with it, add water to the glaze mix. This was the purple foil sams ham.

Reactions: Hawging It
Looks great. I bet the taters took on smoke quick.

Yeah it had a sugar glaze packet with it, add water to the glaze mix. This was the purple foil sams ham.
Yep. Seen those at local Sams. Going to get one soon. May sling around some maple syrup on it as well. How long of a smoke and what temp. I usually rely on internal to determine when done. If you have that great. If not no biggie. I think they are pre cooked right??

Rick, is that the whole ham from the package you bought in the photo? It's just the 2 of us now and I've not done a spiral ham recently as it's just too much meat for 2 people. Your small one looked like a good compromise. I did not know Sam's had the smaller ones (or is that just part of what you bought?).

Good looking meal there Rick!
I usually don't buy spiral cut hams, cause I like to shave mine real thin with the meat slicer.
But I bet your went real good with those taters!
Al

I forgot this pic. All done ready to head to site #2
dsmham.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky