Double Butt Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ma?tley ca 1/4 e

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2006
Mobile, AL
Well, it's been a while since I posted a smoke. I smoke almost every weekend, I've just been so busy it's been hard to find the time to share. I picked up a double pack of pork butt at Sam's. I rubbed them down and let them sit in the fridge and get all happy overnight. I tried Jeff's mistake method. If you haven't tried this yet, it's worth it. This was my second time doing them like this and it works very well, and makes life alot easier.

I put the butts on the 'ol GOSM about 4 pm yesterday. I smoked them to 140* which took 6 hours. I them put them in foil pans with 1/2 cup of apple juice each and covered with foil. I then put them in the oven at 225*. Got up at 7:00 am to perfect 200* butts. I pulled them out and let them sit covered on the counter for 2 hours, then opened them up and pulled them. They are now vacuum sealed and in the freezer.

If you do try this method, be sure to put them in a deeper pan, unless you like cleaning 1/2 a gallon of pork fat drippings out of the oven.

Now for the Qview......

cooked.jpg

pulled.jpg

Wow, those butts looked like they were ready to fall apart. Very nice bark
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I'm glad you found the time to post and thanks for sharing it!

I just hoped you kept that half gallon of drippings and put some back into the pork or save it for gravy at a later time (but not too late).
icon_razz.gif

wow you know thats going to be killer when it spits out the bone all by itself! if you Q every weekend we better be getting the Q-view no later than every monday
wink.gif

We actually don't eat it on sammies much. Just put a pile on a plate, a sweet tater and another veggie or some salad. We've actually been dieting, so the bread and bbq sauce is very limited.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky